Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Advertisement
There's a bunch, but a recent one would be Tirek Austin-Cave. I had him as the #3 player in that class.

Samson En Gert Wow GIF by vrt

Advertisement
Of the 9 QBs drafted this year two were four stars the rest were 3 stars or unrated.
It's about evaluations and development.
But even then no one can measure heart and determination. Going from a small school to the NFL isn't about evaluations, that's all on the kid that made it happen for himself by working hard.

If Florida State took this commitment then we would be clowning them, this kid is in the state of Florida with N/A for his ranking.
Yea, you’re dang right we would… but the difference is that FSUs QB room is in shambles right now. It’s nowhere near where ours is at, We can kinda afford to take a chance on this kid. He has the tools, and if our QB room stays at the level that we THINK IT IS, right now, we won’t need him to play until later in his career here, if at all. We will get to see enough of him by then to know whether he’s “the goods” or nah. I can admit that I’ve been fooled before with QB evaluations. I’ve seen high levels 4 and 5 star QBs go bust, and I’ve seen some lower level QBs become stars. Like an earlier poster said, “It’s a crap shoot”. I will just have to ride with the opinions of the professionals (Gattis, Ponce, and Mario) at this point.
The fact that we are seemingly going all in on this kid sooo early in the process, says to me, that were possibly taken 2 this cycle.

There's certain players who will be at the elite11 finals regardless of how they did in the camps they supposedly pick from. I cannot remember the QB who won one of the camps, but he didn't get an invite. Why even bother going to a camp if they aren't going to reward you for it.

Don't get me wrong, they have a lot of talent at the final camp, but it's political to get there.

Yea, you’re dang right we would… but the difference is that FSUs QB room is in shambles right now. It’s nowhere near where ours is at, We can kinda afford to take a chance on this kid. He has the tools, and if our QB room stays at the level that we THINK IT IS, right now, we won’t need him to play until later in his career here, if at all. We will get to see enough of him by then to know whether he’s “the goods” or nah. I can admit that I’ve been fooled before with QB evaluations. I’ve seen high levels 4 and 5 star QBs go bust, and I’ve seen some lower level QBs become stars. Like an earlier poster said, “It’s a crap shoot”. I will just have to ride with the opinions of the professionals (Gattis, Ponce, and Mario) at this point.
The fact that we are seemingly going all in on this kid sooo early in the process, says to me, that were possibly taken 2 this cycle.
Using our qb room as the reason to settle is terrible. That has never stopped the upper tier of college football from signing highly rated kids. At the end of the day, TVD is the only proven qb on the roster. The goal is to win NCs correct? Then you stack talent. I’m not saying the kid won’t be good or he will be bad, but very rarely do kids go unnoticed particularly in Florida. I trust the staff too, but I’m not going to believe they are better than every P5 staff in the country at finding qbs. Now if he ends up balling out, I might change my tune lol.

Advertisement
There's certain players who will be at the elite11 finals regardless of how they did in the camps they supposedly pick from. I cannot remember the QB who won one of the camps, but he didn't get an invite. Why even bother going to a camp if they aren't going to reward you for it.

Don't get me wrong, they have a lot of talent at the final camp, but it's political to get there.
10000000000000000000x agree.

If FSU publicly whiffed on Rashada, then signed this kid, we’d be clowning them. Especially considering the one big hole in Mario’s regime at Oregon was that the last two years they couldn’t find a QB, and that held them back from higher achievement.
Do you really want to pay $3-5 million for Rashada or any other high school QB? Why not spend the money on a proven commodity and get a transfer who is producing.
I’m confident Mario and other coaches are thinking of this. Let the yokels at Tennessee blow their load and hope.

When you add up the money Rashada wants, the possible negative vibe it could cause in the locker room, and the major upside for Emory Williams I think this is a no brainer. I would go with Emory all day long! The kid has the goods.
But But CIS experts say he has a weak arm and isn't athletic.

hahah This kid has a really good arm and his placement is pretty accurate. He's going to be a steal whoever gets him.

Advertisement
On tonight's Maxed Out, Max said he talked with RomanCane and Roman loves Emory's tape. Roman can't understand why he isn't getting more pub/hype.

Max theory is that Emory doesn't camp and we know that will tend to depress rankings.

Edit: link now jumps directly to the discussion

Max's comments:

• Tape insane
  • Release perfect
  • Max considers him a high 4* recruit
  • Expects rankings to follow ala TVD

Last edited:
Advertisement
Interesting, Max has Emory on commit watch.

Edit: Max is asking coach Hayes to do a breakdown on Emory (WRE hopefully?)

Edit 2: Coach Hayes says he's on it, will be doing a breakdown. Really looking forward to this WRE.

Last edited:
On tonight's Maxed Out, Max said he talked with RomanCane and Roman loves Emory's tape. Roman can't understand why he isn't getting more pub/hype.

Max theory is that Emory doesn't camp and we know that will tend to depress rankings.

Edit: link no jumps directly to the discussion

Max's comments:

• Tape insane
  • Release perfect
  • Max considers him a high 4* recruit
  • Expects rankings to follow ala TVD

Hmmm, this sounds really familiar… Where have I seen a recruitment like this, oh right!
1651632525451.png

Who wants to guess this QB from last cycle?

I don't recall D$ ever being skeptical on a UM prospect, this can't be good.

I'm really not being a **** here, but it probably is a good thing. He's gushed about most if not all of our QB's and where has that landed us exactly.

At this point, I don't even hold his evaluations against him. He's as enthusiastic as they come and eventually throws on the orange and green shades like a lot of people. Just look at the Spring reviews and fall camp opinions.

It's something I've come to appreciate about him though. He tries to be remain somewhat impartial, but eventually gets sucked in. No disrespect, but evaluations aren't his strong suit. Respect though, don't change and keep putting your thoughts out there.

About this kid. He can play. He can play here. Some refinement and you've got a guy to challenge Brown. He's already got as much arm talent. He'll have time to work on his craft unless injuries happen.

Don't get caught up in the one sport athlete thing. Most D1 athletes could play another sport, some choose not to so they can focus on one. In particular at the smaller schools. Gotta have love for other sports and maybe he doesn't or is just laser focused on football. I don't plan on my kids playing more than one unless they really just love something else. Give that one your all.

This is the real problem.

Mario, based on his history, does not deserve the benefit of the doubt when it comes to QBs.

He needs to prove his time at Oregon was just a relatively small sample blip.

This doesn’t really show that.
Mario is not a good evaluator of the qb position and Ponce is use to recruiting qbs like this in his history of coaching at group of 5 type schools.

Advertisement
Back