Official Emory Williams - 2023 QB COMMIT

Advertisement
This kid is from Milton Florida which is the north end of Santa Rosa county. I live in the south end and have never heard of him. I can tell you 2 things. One, the competition is definitely suspect and two, Milton has traditionally been a run heavy 3 yards and a cloud of dust type program. They do have a very good running back that I coached against in little league. A lot of those highlights are against their rival, Pace, who hasn't been good in a while. That's all I got.
Milton has never been good. Toughest team on their schedule was Gulf Breeze. That ain't saying much.

Quite a significant step down in arm talent when comparing this kid to the likes of Nico and Rashada based solely on the highlight clip that was posted. Ended that brief video feeling pretty "meh" about him overall and I was hoping I'd be more excited considering what's being discussed tonight in the Rashada thread.

Maybe he's showing far more impressive glimpses on the camp circuit, but those clips screamed game manager prospect much more so than potential program changer. I'd imagine he'll get more offers from the other Power 5 programs that miss on the remaining blue-chip QBs, so we'll see how this plays out.

Quite a significant step down in arm talent when comparing this kid to the likes of Nico and Rashada based solely on the highlight clip that was posted. Ended that brief video feeling pretty "meh" about him overall and I was hoping I'd be more excited considering what's being discussed tonight in the Rashada thread.

Maybe he's showing far more impressive glimpses on the camp circuit, but those clips screamed game manager prospect much more so than potential program changer. I'd imagine he'll get more offers from the other Power 5 programs that miss on the remaining blue-chip QBs, so we'll see how this plays out.

I’ll let Mario know

Advertisement
For you old heads, watching the way he throws with accuracy and touch, but not tremendous velocity, decent athleticism but doesn't look over the top athletic, calling audibles (according to the highlights) reminds me of....Steve Walsh. We could certainly live with that.
Exactly who came to mind when I watched his tape.

Advertisement
This kid is from Milton Florida which is the north end of Santa Rosa county. I live in the south end and have never heard of him. I can tell you 2 things. One, the competition is definitely suspect and two, Milton has traditionally been a run heavy 3 yards and a cloud of dust type program. They do have a very good running back that I coached against in little league. A lot of those highlights are against their rival, Pace, who hasn't been good in a while. That's all I got.

Yea Milton hasn't been decent in a while, and most of their competition isn't much better. The kid can sling it tho. He has a D1 target in Raymond Cottrell (Georgia commit) and another speedy wideout to throw to, plus the transfer running back will open up the offense a little more.

So……. I guess this kid might be our QB1 with everything else going on. I guess I better watch the tale.

Advertisement
Also, imo, QB is one of the hardest positions to evaluate off of highlights. Highlights tend to spotlight athleticism and physical potential. Traits that aren't all that important to a QB.

A good QB has things that don't show on highlight film. Commitment, film study, work ethic and dedication (is the difference between Jarren Williams and TVD), anticipation, pre snap reads, leadership, toughness, check downs, etc.

A lot of those things typically don't show in a highlight film (his actually showed a few which impress me). But just being able to launch a ball 70 yards is not the end all be all, even though thats the easiest way to get 5 stars on these sites.

I'm curious to see a list of 5 star qbs in the last ten years. Bust rate.

Advertisement
He just lost his HC in January (Harry Lees went back to West Florida). It’ll be interesting how he does this season

Advertisement
Back