Elite Prospect Weekend is here!

Not the most important cause if your slow he could have all the vision in the world and u ain't going anywhere. At least with speed u could accidentally find a seem then boom your gone. I do think vision is as important but I'm in the explosive and speed category. I like guys that take one step and that's all it take but that's rare. Young and Singleton may be those guys.
Not the most important cause if your slow he could have all the vision in the world and u ain't going anywhere. At least with speed u could accidentally find a seem then boom your gone. I do think vision is as important but I'm in the explosive and speed category. I like guys that take one step and that's all it take but that's rare. Young and Singleton may be those guys.

No one said anything about being slow. If he’s a national recruit he has good speed. Even if we just limited to a 40, a running back can run a 4.5-4.6 and still dominate especially on the college level. I mean Kieth Marshall ran like a 4.3 but he still wasn’t better than Gurley, Chubb, or Michel. Not every back runs a sub 4.5. However, vision is key.

Advertisement
No one said anything about being slow. If he’s a national recruit he has good speed. Even if we just limited to a 40, a running back can run a 4.5-4.6 and still dominate especially on the college level. I mean Kieth Marshall ran like a 4.3 but he still wasn’t better than Gurley, Chubb, or Michel. Not every back runs a sub 4.5. However, vision is key.
Gurley Chubb and Sony can run away from people that's a terrible example. I agree speed ain't everything but if recruiting a RB he has to be good as well as being able to run away from elite players. That's just me Portis Mcgahee James Gore all ran away from dudes. I want game breakers big backs that break arm tackles and run. If u have an OL like UM 00 or Bama recently that's all u need. That's the formula and Mario knows it.

3A115572-4F58-4FD1-9C0F-A956D6F64DA7.jpeg

Advertisement
From Wauchula to Bartow. Boys mean. My wife dad is from Fort Meade. Real athletes outta there.
Lived in Ft. Meade for a few years before I moved to South Lakeland. Small town, one traffic light. They love football and seems like the whole area is invested in it. Lots of athletes. Andrew McCutchen is from there.

It was strange. OSU was not really just watch football back then. You just started hearing about this RB. You watched, he was insane and then you basically had to watch every time he was on because it felt like he came out of nowhere. Like a meteor than landed, then it was just obvious he would win the Hiesman.

Freshman year Gore in a limited role was shades of Sanders. Like, who on earth is this kid? Weird good.
Freshman Frank Gore was talented as anyone to ever play; amazing combination of shiftiness and leverage..

I actually, agree, but I'm not making that assessment from those clips . You gotta remember, I'm the guy who thinks most Qb's are busts (said as much for Trevor, Tua, and Burrow, and tbh, I think I was right on all of them even though they all balled out in College.)

Buddy out West has been following him and says he's the real deal. I like this physical attributes. Multi sports athlete.

The only thing that screams red flag to me with him is that Riley is going with Nelson over him.
kevin hart GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
There is such a thing. You are stupid if you think there is not! Some players can just transform the team. They impact the game so much your offense/defense would not work without them. Coaches must change a lot when they are not in the lineup. This kid is one of those!
Nope. By your definition missing means the program is dead. Go f. Off

Stop. Saying. Must. Get. There’s. No. Such. Thing.
I generally agree with this but... there was three years of Miami and FSU football that shifted completely because one school got Dalvin Cook and one didn't. I think the thing is that you can never really tell ahead of time who the must get recruit ends up being. I'm pretty sure, in retrospect, that Clemson would consider Deshaun Watson a must get recruit.

Advertisement
I generally agree with this but... there was three years of Miami and FSU football that shifted completely because one school got Dalvin Cook and one didn't. I think the thing is that you can never really tell ahead of time who the must get recruit ends up being. I'm pretty sure, in retrospect, that Clemson would consider Deshaun Watson a must get recruit.
This is true. Cook was a must get, Yearby wasnt.... I don't know if we chose Yearby over Cook but just imagine Fsu without Cook. He singlehandedly beat us every time we played them.

It’s the most asinine thing because it just gives them the right to try to say later that somebody failed because some random ******* said that there’s only one God in terms of a football player at a position without knowing anything about the person in question. What is the kid wants to go to the country how is that an epic fail on a schools part? What if the major if he actually a series about education is adopted her to that on a schools part? What if the major if he actually is serious about education isn’t offered at the school and another amazing school also has what he wants there. There are at least 100 reasons that even the best coach prioritizing someone cannot force somebody to go to their school and to call it a must get therefore a fail if it doesn’t happen is a total crock of 💩
Yeah, Miami fans always go on about why would any kid go to some country school instead of the amazing city of Miami? Turns out some people like the country, and some people hate the city. Some people hate hot weather. When I went to Miami, I had a ton of people tell me I was crazy because it was so dangerous. None of them had any idea what they were talking about, but they sure believed that sh*t.

We all sell what we've got, but lots of times that's not what a particular kid wants.

No doubt we would have had a much better time had we gotten Cook, but the actual point is there no such thing as "must get". If you miss, sure you aren't as good as you would have been, but life and football go on. There was no "must" about it, just some "it'd be really neat-o if we got this kid".

This is true. Cook was a must get, Yearby wasnt.... I don't know if we chose Yearby over Cook but just imagine Fsu without Cook. He singlehandedly beat us every time we played them.
How was he a must get? Did our football team get disbanded because we didn't get him? Did any of us stop watching games because of it?

Advertisement
Back