Elite Eleven QBs

Advertisement
I believe the camp is sometime following the high school football season ... and I'm pretty sure Olsen will be in it.

I was way off on the time apparently.

Who: The Elite 11 regionals are intended for top level rising senior quarterbacks (2013) and select elite underclassmen.
What: QBs at regional camps will receive advanced, one-on-one quarterback instruction. The regional camps run two hours. The first hour quarterbacks rotate through different stations, learning useful drills to improve each player. The second hour participants will throw routes to wide receivers. Each regional camp will also have an accuracy competition. Top performers will earn a spot in the final Elite 11 event in July in Southern California.
When: The tour runs from March to June.
Where: There will be at least six stops across the country this season.
How much: Camps are $40

Media: For media credential requests and all other media questions, please contact Gracie Blackburn at Gracie.Blackburn@espn.com.

Event Registration: Quarterbacks will need to submit film (link or DVD) as well as varsity stats and/or coaches' recommendations for consideration. For questions about event registration please contact Brian Stumpf at brian.stumpf@espn.com.

He definitely played.

Wayne Hills' Olsen named MVP at Elite 11 Regional

MONDAY APRIL 30, 2012, 8:49 PM
BY NICK GANTAIFIS
SPORTS EDITOR
WAYNE TODAY
PAGES: 1 2 > DISPLAY ON ONE PAGE | PRINT | E-MAIL
Hills' Olsen wins Elite 11 MVP honors

PHOTO BY MICHAEL KARAS
ELITE 11 - Wayne Hills' junior quarterback Kevin Olsen won MVP honors at this past weekend's Elite 11 Regional at Randall's Island Park in Manhattan and will compete in July's national finals in California.
NEW YORK - Kevin Olsen continues to come up big.

The Wayne Hills' junior quarterback added to his growing reputation and awards when he walked away with MVP honors at this past weekend's New York City Elite 11 Regional at Randall's Island Park in Manhattan where 60 of the country's top quarterbacks competed for an invitation to the national finals this July in California.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/149591085_TOP_OF_HIS_CLASS.html

Advertisement
I wonder will one of our writers be there?
18.gif

Maybe we can coax SFBay to drive down to Southern California for it...but probably not.

Last edited:
I know Olsen beat out another really good QB at the NYC one, Connor Mitch (Bama, LSU, So. Carolina, TENN, UNC), as well as some other good kids.

Olsen will get competition for a finals invite from Wakefield (Raleigh, N.C.) star Connor Mitch. Rated the nation's No. 13 pocket passer by ESPN, Mitch completed 254-of-425 (59.8 percent) last year for 3,832 yards and 51 touchdowns and was picked off just nine times.

Mitch passed for 3,332 yards and 37 touchdowns as a sophomore. The 6-foot-3, 220-pounder has been offered by the likes of North Carolina, NC State, Alabama, LSU, Tennessee, South Carolina and West Virginia.

"I hope to prove that I can compete with the best and that I belong at the Elite 11," he said. "I just have to be focused and prepared."

Another top quarterback expected to be in attendance is Gilman (Baltimore) dynamo Shane ****erille. The 6-foot-2, 205-pounder ran for 1,300 yards and passed for another 1,100 yards last season while accounting for 26 total touchdowns. He also led the Greyhounds to the Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association A Conference championship and a No. 21 final ranking in the POWERADE FAB 50.

Rated the nation's No. 22 dual-threat QB, ****erille recently committed to Maryland over the likes of Michigan and Virginia.

Pennsylvania will be well-represented at Randall's Island with a number of solid QBs, including Roman Catholic's (Philadelphia) Michael Keir, who passed for 1,525 yards and 12 touchdowns last season. He is rated the nation's No. 26 pocket passer by ESPN.

Advertisement
and some more

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Elite-11-Kevin-Olsen-1093528

HERE IS ESPN article

NEW YORK -- The New York City Elite 11 regional at Randall's Island Park was a hotly contested event with 60 quarterbacks searching for an invitation to the Elite 11 finals this July in California.
And it was Wayne Hills (Wayne, N.J.) junior signal-caller Kevin Olsen who came away with MVP honors and a ticket to the finals.
Olsen, rated the nation's No. 7 pocket passer and the No. 77 overall recruit in the ESPN 150, entered the week with offers from top collegiate programs such as Wisconsin, South Carolina, Miami and Auburn. But the MVP award at Saturday's event will certainly help to raise his profile.
Olsen is the younger brother of Carolina Panthers tight end Greg Olsen. His older brother, Christian, was a quarterback at Virginia.
"It was a great chance for me to come out here and compete with some of the country's best quarterbacks," Olsen said. "That's what the quarterback position is about -- competing. I think I did OK, there are a few throws I wish I could have back, but I'm excited to go out [to California] and compete with the best of the best."
Olsen completed 124-of-205 passes (60.5 percent) this past fall for 1,686 yards and 20 touchdowns with only six interceptions. Wayne won a second consecutive North 1, Group 3 title.

Among the quarterbacks Olsen beat out for top honors were Connor Mitch of Wakefield (Raleigh, N.C.), Shane ****erille of Gilman (Baltimore), Brogan Roback of St. John's (Toledo, Ohio), Jeff Farrah of Monmouth (Tinton Falls, N.J.) and Tim Brady of Friendship Collegiate (Washington, D.C.).

http://espn.go.com/high-school/foot...-11-regional-mvp-earns-elite-11-finals-invite

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back