ELITE 8 VS TEXAS - 5:05pm on CBS

Wooga will be a star. His coming out party was in the conference tourney but its a wrap. If Wooga can improve his ball handling he is a 1st round draft pick after next season.
We bought this stock early friend. I remember posting how improved he was in the first exhibition game, he didn’t even look like the same player. People were like “ it’s one game “. Fact is he’s one of the most improved players I’ve seen in awhile from FR to Soph year. On top of that he’s had another bump the second half of the season. People forget all the clutch shots and FT’s he’s hit. On top of saving us against Pitt. Oh did I mention he’s easily the best perimeter defender that locks dudes up? I wouldn’t be shocked if the guy ends up an Acc poy one day.

Advertisement
That’s great publicity right there. Don’t mind that at all
Yes sir.

“We feel strongly that the success and tradition of our athletics programs coupled with the accelerating growth of the Miami market has positioned us well to help our current student-athletes maximize Name, Image & Likeness opportunities during their time at the University,” a spokesperson for the university said on Thursday. “We are appreciative of all our supporters, many of whom have partnered with our student-athletes to help market their businesses.”

I read that article from ESPN and that person should be fired. One reason why people can’t stand them.

So, the U should not do NIL which is legal, lose, then they would love us? It’s ok to lose which costs people their jobs?

They would hate us no matter what so never reach out and try to please them.
what's going on in college basketball is the same thing we see in pros. Political correctness means you have to have one and done and 18 year olds in NBA (they want to change it) but teams of kids who are playing together or actually know how to play the game are stomping out alot of younger teams.
Even when you look at NBA, look at how many of the best players played at least two years of college or come from overseas. Athletes lose to skill players.

Advertisement
We bought this stock early friend. I remember posting how improved he was in the first exhibition game, he didn’t even look like the same player. People were like “ it’s one game “. Fact is he’s one of the most improved players I’ve seen in awhile from FR to Soph year. On top of that he’s had another bump the second half of the season. People forget all the clutch shots and FT’s he’s hit. On top of saving us against Pitt. Oh did I mention he’s easily the best perimeter defender that locks dudes up? I wouldn’t be shocked if the guy ends up an Acc poy one day.
I wish I had an emoji stronger than 100% for your post.

Lots of fouls called both ways in the 2nd half. That definitely helped us but it was just how the games was being called, both ways.
What also helped, going back to something we discussed months ago, is that UM is a very good free throw shooting team. 28-32 is almost unheard of for a college team, and so is 13-13 from Mr Miller, whose poor foul shooting actually hurt us earlier this season in a late game or two.
3 of our 4 missed free throws were from Joseph.
i didnt mean that it was one-sided. just that in hindsight it helped settle us down. texass 6-0 run to start the half after we cut the lead to 6 left us basically trading baskets and never breaking through

Wooga will be a star. His coming out party was in the conference tourney but its a wrap. If Wooga can improve his ball handling he is a 1st round draft pick after next season.
He def has a much higher ceiling than I would've ever thought after his first year of seeing action. I also really like how, on defense, he fights through screens so well. With Miller going for sure and likely Wong, Poplar will have more confidence and opportunity next season. He was/is the 5th option on offense now.

Advertisement
How could we not be? Miami is a huge draw for these kids already. Nigel pack is playing in the final 4 while KSU is back in Kansas.

Then you add winning to the formula and we're even more attractive.

Then you add competitive pay? We're gonna be hard to beat for transfers we really go hard after and could have a starting spot on the team.
Imagine what KSU coulda been with Nowell, Pack and Massoud bombing away.

iGqdFQYydiRaepk7n6ilCD1zfeZNWg.gif

Advertisement
what's going on in college basketball is the same thing we see in pros. Political correctness means you have to have one and done and 18 year olds in NBA (they want to change it) but teams of kids who are playing together or actually know how to play the game are stomping out alot of younger teams.
Even when you look at NBA, look at how many of the best players played at least two years of college or come from overseas. Athletes lose to skill players.

these idiots don't seem to realize that it's actually a benefit to students to actually stay in school longer, mature, and learn how to manage their finances before stepping out in the real world. NIL has opened this opportunity up for many student athletes

There was a 6 week stretch in the middle of the year where we seemed to split every trip to the FT line in big moments. Miller, Norchad, Wong, all of them. The one guy who never did, was Wooga.

Advertisement
Exactly. I would like to give you and I and other arm chair coaches credit but really we are just able to see what Coach L is doing. Which means so are the other coaches who must know what is transpiring. But I honestly think even coaches get caught up in it, especially when a team is shooting as well as Texas was for 3/4 of the Game. But like you wrote, then the tired legs set in and instead of driving they are taking the shots that worked in the first half.

Texas really should have kept pushing the ball inside in the 2nd half. Omier had to play a little less physical because of the foul trouble. And I don’t know what happened to Rice in the 2nd half. 1st half he was killing us. I would have to watch again to see if we made a defensive adjustment.
Has Wooga become a bit of a defensive stopper?
Coach L mentioned in his press conference that Wooga had done a fantastic job of guarding Rice. He’s definitely improved by leaps and bounds as a player on both sides of the ball as the season has gone on.

In my opinion, he will be a future star. Very talented player that plays with a lot of energy and is fearless.

Congrats to the Canes Basketball team! Wow, a memorable ride it's been this tournament season. One that will never be forgotten no matter the final the outcome.

Advertisement
Back