ELITE 8 VS TEXAS - 5:05pm on CBS

1679922055222.gif

1679922121555.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
We spoke about this yesterday, and we were right on the money. Miami imposed their pace, and wound up winning because of it. It was a track meet, and the Texas guys were bricking from long range in that 2nd half, probably due to tired legs. Not getting the same height on a long jumper can affect rotation and form.

Coach L had a great game plan again. We were attacking the rim nonstop since tip off.

Our tough ACC schedule and playing in so many close games is really paying off right now. March Madness is all about surviving and advancing.

Our next game will be a very tough one. But I agree with you once again. If we impose our pace on them, and rebound while protecting the ball, we will be in the game late with a chance to win.
Exactly. I would like to give you and I and other arm chair coaches credit but really we are just able to see what Coach L is doing. Which means so are the other coaches who must know what is transpiring. But I honestly think even coaches get caught up in it, especially when a team is shooting as well as Texas was for 3/4 of the Game. But like you wrote, then the tired legs set in and instead of driving they are taking the shots that worked in the first half.

Texas really should have kept pushing the ball inside in the 2nd half. Omier had to play a little less physical because of the foul trouble. And I don’t know what happened to Rice in the 2nd half. 1st half he was killing us. I would have to watch again to see if we made a defensive adjustment.
Has Wooga become a bit of a defensive stopper?

Advertisement
Exactly. I would like to give you and I and other arm chair coaches credit but really we are just able to see what Coach L is doing. Which means so are the other coaches who must know what is transpiring. But I honestly think even coaches get caught up in it, especially when a team is shooting as well as Texas was for 3/4 of the Game. But like you wrote, then the tired legs set in and instead of driving they are taking the shots that worked in the first half.

Texas really should have kept pushing the ball inside in the 2nd half. Omier had to play a little less physical because of the foul trouble. And I don’t know what happened to Rice in the 2nd half. 1st half he was killing us. I would have to watch again to see if we made a defensive adjustment.
Has Wooga become a bit of a defensive stopper?
the fouls around the 12-10 min mark really stopped the texas momentum bc we had been trading baskets at that point basically.

the fouls around the 12-10 min mark really stopped the texas momentum bc we had been trading baskets at that point basically.
Lots of fouls called both ways in the 2nd half. That definitely helped us but it was just how the games was being called, both ways.
What also helped, going back to something we discussed months ago, is that UM is a very good free throw shooting team. 28-32 is almost unheard of for a college team, and so is 13-13 from Mr Miller, whose poor foul shooting actually hurt us earlier this season in a late game or two.
3 of our 4 missed free throws were from Joseph.

Advertisement
I don’t think anybody has mentioned it yet, but to me the play of the game was Norchad’s steal. Carr probably would’ve made that same turnaround again and tied it. That sealed it.
Great swipe and he did it with 4 fouls. And it stopped the basket for basket trade off which seems to happen so much.

But go back and watch that play and you will see that we switched and a UT big man had our guard (I think Pack) pinned behind him. Easy bucket but Carr wanted to be the hero and kept the ball. Our team plays too connected to make that mistake. If Carr makes the right play the outcome might have been very different.

All the blue blood schools that kill us in recruiting every year do that on kids being fans and loving those universities ? Just like Bama and UGA in football.

People love and defend the bag schools but hate above the table , legit money. Weird.
I read that article from ESPN and that person should be fired. One reason why people can’t stand them.

So, the U should not do NIL which is legal, lose, then they would love us? It’s ok to lose which costs people their jobs?

They would hate us no matter what so never reach out and try to please them.

Advertisement
Back