ELITE 8 VS TEXAS - 5:05pm on CBS

Advertisement
Don't have any around, but I am heading south next weekend.

This was a shocking run. No game is ever over with this team. I couldn't be more proud of them. Their run to the Final Four was absolutely brutal, and they made it. So much respect.

Listening to ESPN radio after the game and they couldn't stop talking about how Miami was seeded too low. I agree. We were one of the better 5 seeds I have ever seen in a tournament. Why? Because we were no **** 5 seed. We had the talent of a 1-2, we just had a few close losses.
Pack did not play like garbage
Exactly. Wtf was he watching. Pack had some key plays. Didn’t have many open looks from 3. Went in to the hole well. Ran the offense well.

ESPN article on the final four teams and “how they got here”

- UCONN: Elite offense, Good interior play, big game experience ETC

- SDSU: Smothering defense, forcing turnovers, physicality

- FAU: Quickness, Fast paced offense, players believing in each others

- MIami: NIL…that’s all they wrote about us. Spent the entire time talking about how we had to “buy” Nijel Pack and how Ruiz “convinced” Wong to stay with $$$. I know it shouldn’t matter but it really is infuriating how little credit this Canes team gets sometimes (mainly from ESPN).
Man…Fucc dem *******!

- MIami: NIL…that’s all they wrote about us. Spent the entire time talking about how we had to “buy” Nijel Pack and how Ruiz “convinced” Wong to stay with $$$. I know it shouldn’t matter but it really is infuriating how little credit this Canes team gets sometimes (mainly from ESPN).

giphy (41).gif

Advertisement
All the blue blood schools that kill us in recruiting every year do that on kids being fans and loving those universities ? Just like Bama and UGA in football.

People love and defend the bag schools but hate above the table , legit money. Weird.
Facts i told my homie the other day, all the narratives about NIL today are way more relevant when it was under the table bags being dropped. Thats when the playing field was uneven but the teams and people they wanted to have success were at the top so nobody mentioned it

Advertisement

Also dumb because NIL is the name of the game now. Sorry for being a leader in the new NCAA? I don’t understand their point.

all ESPN is doing is giving NIL a bigger story. it is elevating NIL even though it doesn't realize it.

i bet we are top 5 on all of the transfer's wish list.

This too. I suppose we can thank them for the huge audience explaining UM players get their due. Only helps attract more players.

Advertisement
All the blue blood schools that kill us in recruiting every year do that on kids being fans and loving those universities ? Just like Bama and UGA in football.

People love and defend the bag schools but hate above the table , legit money. Weird.
The immediate narrative after the game, led by that jackass Rovell about Ruiz buying a final 4 team is the biggest crock of **** of all time. I guess when Kansas, UNC, Kentucky paid guys illegally for decades - “it was just part of the game” but the second Miami does it above board, it’s a problem and needs to be stopped.

all ESPN is doing is giving NIL a bigger story. it is elevating NIL even though it doesn't realize it.

i bet we are top 5 on all of the transfer's wish list.
How could we not be? Miami is a huge draw for these kids already. Nigel pack is playing in the final 4 while KSU is back in Kansas.

Then you add winning to the formula and we're even more attractive.

Then you add competitive pay? We're gonna be hard to beat for transfers we really go hard after and could have a starting spot on the team.

Advertisement

As they say here in Philly, “They don’t like us, and we don’t care.” Always the way with UM athletics.

Advertisement
Back