ELITE 8 VS TEXAS - 5:05pm on CBS

Advertisement
Going to have to dig deep to win this one. Texas came in prepared to defend that three ball. Just keep taking what the defense is giving you which is lots of points in the paint.

Isaiah Wong needs to step up, too. Stars need to show up.

LFG.

That's not what he said. I can read the box score. Of course the 3s are a diff. So are the offensive rebounds. He said hard to win if they don't miss. We are shooting 62% to their 55%.
I want to see us come out the half shooting from the locker room.. We cant make them if we dont shoot them.. WTF..

Advertisement
That's not what he said. I can read the box score. Of course the 3s are a diff. So are the offensive rebounds. He said hard to win if they don't miss. We are shooting 62% to their 55%.
were shooting 62 percent bc were getting everything inside. the issue really is theyre not missing many 3s while shooting a high percentage while were not putting anything up and going 2 for their 3.

Charles Barkeley calling out Isaiah Wong for the same thing I posted. He's gotta play better.
he seemed a bit tentative like he didnt want to force the issue and play within the O. the reality is were gonna need his iso game to get some 3s up esp If Texas continues hitting

Pack needs to hit 3s. Wong needs to show up in 2nd half. Miller keep doing his thing. Omier needs to kill it on the boards.

We are really just losing due to math. We are hitting our shots. We are playing pretty well. But we need to hit 3s. It’s as simple as that

Advertisement
We need to set up some 3's for pack, Wong, etc. Keep omier in as long as possible 2nd half. Defend the 3 better
They’re forcing the drive by overplaying the three. Either get more screens going or guys have to drive and draw defenders and kick.

I take it Omier will play the entire second half so leave him inside and depend on him to rebound. Everyone stay home on their man , their threes are wide open

Advertisement
Omier didn't play for huge chunks of the first half. Guess what? L can now play him the rest of the night, because he has 4 fouls to work with.
and when we brought him back in for the second stint int he first half it looked like he gave up easy 2s to deliberately avoid the second foul. there was a clear strategy there by us. basically just survive w Texas shooting this hot and let Omier and Pack go off in half 2

Going to have to dig deep to win this one. Texas came in prepared to defend that three ball. Just keep taking what the defense is giving you which is lots of points in the paint.

Isaiah Wong needs to step up, too. Stars need to show up.

LFG.
Villa coach just said we need to pass out of the cuts if they are playing us high on three, that is when you will get open looks at three.. pass to cutter, defense will collapse and then pass out to open shooter.. We are taking the cheese by not shooting threes.. And plus we cant even pass to cutter sometimes without turning over..

Advertisement
They clearly have decided to take Pack out of the game. Other focus is on Wong. As I said before, Miller should eat, and he is.

From a UT perspective, it doesn't look very comforting - y'all are getting points way too easy inside. Our 3s are too likely to fall off over time whereas your inside 2s will stay high percentage. I also suspect UM will catch up in the rebounding via some of those inside shots if they do miss....

The 'bench points' thing they harp on is ridiculous - they have Rice as a 'bench player' but he plays starter minutes in every game.

Cunningham getting 7 is quite odd, though - he average 4.5 a game. He is actually the highest 3-pt shooter on the team with any significant number of minutes.
Expect Omier to maybe sit 2 minutes this half.

They’re forcing the drive by overplaying the three. Either get more screens going or guys have to drive and draw defenders and kick.

I take it Omier will play the entire second half so leave him inside and depend on him to rebound. Everyone stay home on their man , their threes are wide open
the over helping on D has killed us. guys aren't quick enough on the rotations to cover up the swings. the most obvious 3 was when they knew wed help on the big in the post (I think Allen) where he passed it out for an easy 3

Advertisement
Back