ELITE 8 VS TEXAS - 5:05pm on CBS

Tighten the roatation, remember to stay grounding on threes (no jumping overly aggressive), and rotate better to minimize open threes. Also would like to see more Pack 3s

Advertisement
They hit their 3s, it’s unlikely they’ll keep up that pace. Wongs got to show up 2nd half and drive to the basket to pick up some fouls. It will also open up the kick back for Pack.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pack needs to get everyone covering him in foul trouble. They're roughing him up. He needs to have 14 free throws in the second half.

Wong did his periodic disappearing act in the first half. too much dribbling into nothing then picking up his dribble with an off-balance pivot foot. He's gotta stop that. I think he needs to pull up for some three's.

We need to stop protecting too much paint and contest Texas outside shooting. Obvious take
We need to set up some 3's for pack, Wong, etc. Keep omier in as long as possible 2nd half. Defend the 3 better

Im concerned with him even dressing out. Dude is a looooong way away.
Hopefully he takes a Wooga like leap. I figured he would slide into that starting spot that Miller is gna leave open. If he doesn't drastically improve they will need to fill that via portal

I think Texas did that like 3x lol

Playing fast in transition to get open looks is going to lead to some turnovers. But ooooay. You’ve been doubting all year so this isn’t surprising

Go Canes!
Nope just once actually. Ok buddy stop worrying about people being negative on here and worry about more important things.

Advertisement
they hit like 6 more threes than us and thats a diff
That's not what he said. I can read the box score. Of course the 3s are a diff. So are the offensive rebounds. He said hard to win if they don't miss. We are shooting 62% to their 55%.

I have seen DYNASTIES DIE before my eyes running that signature Lebron/Wade at free safety trap defense.. We need to scrap it.. I dont think it has worked and texas seems comfortable and they have answers for it with ease..

Advertisement
to this day, after watching Texas play this year and esp against the 1 seed Kansas multiple times, idk how they didnt get the 1 seed from KU after they smoked them multiple times this year. reality is that they should've had the Kansas 1

2nd half scrap that Miami heat Trap defense, it hasnt rattled at all and they got 1000000000000000 good looks, they look like the spurs destroying heat dynasty..

REBOUND...

Play Defense..

I DONT CARE IF WE HAVE TO SHOOT FROM HALFCOURT. SHOOT THE THREES.

Do us all a favor, don't smoke a J before games.

Forcing up threes, just to take them doesn't help us at all. Take quality shots, if Texas is going to concede layups and dunks inside, YOU TAKE THEM. The key is getting stops on D and making Texas work. Texas isn't some strong shooting team, they are just hot. Again, Miami keeps getting to the rack, you can stay in contact.

From a UT perspective, it doesn't look very comforting - y'all are getting points way too easy inside. Our 3s are too likely to fall off over time whereas your inside 2s will stay high percentage. I also suspect UM will catch up in the rebounding via some of those inside shots if they do miss....

The 'bench points' thing they harp on is ridiculous - they have Rice as a 'bench player' but he plays starter minutes in every game.

Cunningham getting 7 is quite odd, though - he average 4.5 a game. He is actually the highest 3-pt shooter on the team with any significant number of minutes.

Advertisement
Back