ELITE 8 VS TEXAS - 5:05pm on CBS

Advertisement
Advertisement
what a **** game. that’s what’s so fun about this team, man- there’s always someone to pick us up. they went hard after pack tonight after he showed out vs houston? no problem, miller dominates and Wong puts up some clutch shots down the stretch. we’ve got so many shotmakers and tightened up juuuust enough on defense.

what a season. and we ain’t done!
I’m glad that someone finally mentioned Wong. He hit tough shot after tough shot to keep us in it. Put some respect on that man’s name!

Last edited:
Advertisement
What a comeback! Absolutely fantastic. The team never quit (even when down by a lot) and Jordan Miller, Wong (in the 2nd half), Norchad & Poplar willed us to victory. This was absolutely a team effort but no-one deserves more credit for this one than Jordan Miller. He delivered a literally historic performance today and was unbelievable scoring points from the field and the FT line.

Jordan Miller: He scored 27 points and was 7 for 7 from the field and 13 of 13 from the foul line. Wow! How clutch was that? So special to get to experience a glorious performance like that and a great team victory.

Isiah Wong also stepped up big time in the second half to will us to victory...after a pretty quiet first half. We would have lost the game had he not asserted himself in the second half.

Poplar made some super heady plays like bouncing the ball off the UT player on the in-bounds and setting up an easy dunk with another inbounds pass...plus he was his usual athletic self driving to the basket.

Norchad was just a man amongst boys & refused to be out-physicalled. Man he makes some heavily contested baskets in the paint.

This was a historic win for the program. First time ever in the Final Four for Men's Basketball. There was much to clean up though for the next game:

1) We were not nearly as crisp or clinical as Texas in the first half.

2) There were plenty of poor passes. Walker had a really loose one and so did a couple of other guys. We had too many turnovers & sloppy plays. This wasn't nearly the clinical performance we put on against Houston. We cannot waste possessions & be sloppy with the ball against UConn or we will lose. Only the best ball handlers should tote the rock against UConn.

3) Too many busts on D leading to uncontested shots for Houston or even the middle of the paint being wide open for them. They had far too many easy & uncontested shots. Press is great when it works but can lead to some easy shots for the opponent when the first level doesn't get the job done. Whatever we did on D against Houston is what we should do against UConn because we demoralized Houston with fabulous D.

4) Shot selection was poor for certain stretches of the game. The saving Grace was that Miller & Wong took high percentage shots & made a ton of them (for Miller it was 100% of them).

5) We need Pack & others straight dealing with the 3-pointers. Nijel played a huge role tonight even if he didn't have his best scoring night...but we need his scoring against UConn. We can absolutely win against UConn if all of best scorers simply go off in the same game (Miller, Wong, Pack, Norchad & Poplar).

Major opportunity: The 1-seeds are all out. The blue bloods have been supplanted by the upstarts (except UConn). Are we starting to feel it? Yes, we're starting to feel it. Possibility is in the air if the team stays focused, cleans up some of the issues, and plays clean & clinical team ball against UConn.

As a former member of the SID at Miami who was a volunteer undergrad assistant for Men's Basketball in the old Miami Arena, I can't tell you how thrilled I am for the coaches, the players, their families, and the program. Special thanks also to JR for all that you do. Magical just magical...and yes, I also shed some tears of joy this evening. Go Canes!
texas was the 2nd or 3rd best team in the tourney IMO. now we have to take out the best team to advance.

Advertisement
FsL9SA5WwAIK8pn
It’s unfortunate we couldn’t own a couple of the other better states but I guess no reason to complain about owning Indiana and Texas.

Advertisement
Dude, none of us knew your girlfriend was having surgery so back off the pity parade. Good luck on the surgery when it happens.
Maybe think next time before you laugh when someone says they have prior obligations. I might be an ******* on here but I don’t laugh at anyone about their personal life.

Advertisement
Back