Elite 8 - The U vs Kansas

Advertisement
As others have mentioned, having Sam outside of the bucket passing and playing 5 out will be the key to this game, especially if we can come out hot quick. I think then Self will scrap any zone they might start off with and go man-man defensively. That will allow our cuts and excellent passers to carve up the Jayhawks defense. We must stay on Remy Martin and make the game difficult for him. We get our “normal” 11 steals in this game and get out in transition for easy buckets that 500lb gorilla on Kansas’s back will get heavier and heavier as the game wears on. We’ve managed to jump out to leads early, I’d love to see us do so again tomorrow afternoon. The more we lead, or keep it really close, the more that gorilla will weigh on Self and his team. They’re the only #1 seed remaining, everyone in the media and on last nights recap show are picking Kansas in an easy victory tomorrow. I would love nothing more than to blow them out but that’s not going to be realistic. If Coach L can create another masterpiece of a game plan and the kids can execute it to the high level they’ve been doing it at, we’ll see our Canes in New Orleans next Saturday night.

I think this is one of those games where it is imperative to jump out to an early lead. Spread is still just 6 points right now, which is a good sign it hasn’t climbed. Regardless what happens, **** of a season. A Final Four would be phenomenal, especially knocking off a blue blood like Kansas to secure it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Watching Kansas play Creighton I noticed how their bigs really struggle to guard the three so Sam being able to get hot from 3 would be huge.

Creighton was one of the worst 3 point shooting teams this season and yet they were like 8/11 from three at one point in their game vs Kansas… mostly on wide open looks because Kansas post players, especially David McCormack were struggling to guard the three.

Advertisement
Can’t sleep. Got a really good feeling about today. At least we don’t have to wait until 10:15pm for tip off. Make history today, boys!
Today is Sunday March 27th and this Canes flag flown for the first time ever!!!!

Attachments

• 289DE9AB-4EA0-43B5-AFF6-8C8B26A78D92.jpeg
    289DE9AB-4EA0-43B5-AFF6-8C8B26A78D92.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 13
Advertisement
You mean that NET thing that kept the Canes in the 70s?
#Relevant

Can I go back and retroactively punch all those people who kept citing the "Alabama 30 point loss" as why we deserved to be unranked?

Fugg it, I'm going to enjoy this day. Getting some Lou Malnati's at 11 am and then heading to the United Center.

Kansas message boards full of confidence says Miami has no defense. No Defense lol

Insane, how they just say the exact opposite of what we are known for.

Fugg those dirty Kansans, they all bolted after they squeaked by Providence. Although one guy stayed, he was a few rows in front of me, he kept yelling "Charlie, Charlie" whenever Charlie Moore missed a shot.

Advertisement
Back