Elite 8 - The U vs Kansas

It’s very hard to prepare for a 5 out offense when you haven’t seen one like Miami’s all year and you are a big team. They are good rebounders but also very soft. They give up post up points at an alarming rate. But since we won’t be able to take advantage of that, back to my original point. We will back door/back cut them to death. ISU hasn’t seen an offense like ours and that was open all night.

If Self saw that and doesn’t bite, maybe he goes zone or has Mc lay off of Sam. If that’s the case, Sam’s gonna have to be willing to pull the trigger.

Advertisement
It’s very hard to prepare for a 5 out offense when you haven’t seen one like Miami’s all year and you are a big team. They are good rebounders but also very soft. They give up post up points at an alarming rate. But since we won’t be able to take advantage of that, back to my original point. We will back door/back cut them to death. ISU hasn’t seen an offense like ours and that was open all night.

If Self saw that and doesn’t bite, maybe he goes zone or has Mc lay off of Sam. If that’s the case, Sam’s gonna have to be willing to pull the trigger.
Totally agree. Sam has a chance to put up points if he’s willing to shoot and on. Self knows Sam can drive by both those centers if they are up on him. They would end up fouling him.

Advertisement
I have called this team Road Warriors which if one fit the bill this team does. I feel Kansas has shown they are beatable but we have to know they are who they are when they are who they are it can be at another level.

But this Miami ball club beats to its own drum and can flat out turn it up a level as well eat you and spit you out. Feelings of Auburn being 6 pt underdogs are running in my head. I will call it as I have once again for a win. The miracle Canes shock the world. See y’all at the Final Four.

Last edited:
I said the same thing to son. Miami wins tomorrow we win it. We seem like a team of destiny right now.
Kansas & Houston are the two best teams left in the tourney.

If we can find a way to beat Kansas we’ll win the whole **** thing.

Just hope the NCAA isn’t trying to give Coach K a going away present for his retirement & hand him another title lol.

Just hope the NCAA isn’t trying to give Coach K a going away present for his retirement & hand him another title lol.
Assuming Kansas game is a win, I would much rather play Houston than Nova.

Advertisement
Advertisement

They are. That's why to beat Duke in this tournament, you have to beat them by 20. If it's close late, you aren't winning.

We are a very, very difficult team to prepare for right now. We are executing Jim's scramble defense to perfection. KU has one day to prepare. You cannot run scout and you are not running your guys into the ground at a practice 24-hours before play.

I love our chances.
The short turnaround is a definite advantage when playing an uncommon defensive style.

Yeah, Nova feels like a slightly bigger version of us.
You can press them into turnovers but they move the ball and shoot the three so well. And are the best FT shooting team in NCAA history.

On the other side, Houston will grind you down, but they don’t have consistent shooters. You’re seeing what I’m talking about right now. They can go Iowa St level cold.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back