Elite 2021 DT commits

kev13108

Junior
Premium
Long time away but these are the dudes we gotta start keeping home to be elite. Kid is a stud

Attachments

• IMG_6925.PNG
    IMG_6925.PNG
    297 KB · Views: 1,081
Advertisement
Advertisement
Will he be transferring to another high school? Southwest isn't really a successful program correct?

Advertisement
It's absolutely great news. But most vets of recruiting don't look past a year in recruiting, let alone 3.

So what?

Secondly this is exactly what is needed to build back The U. It's about creating a love for Miami for these young kids. It's happening. This is how Schnelly did it, and Richt is following the blueprint.

Advertisement
Has nothing to do with being miserable these commits so far in advance rarely stick even for for Bama

A lot will happen between now and the time he signs

If he's Elite I hope he signs with us

Advertisement
Local kid excited about the U! Perfect. He knows he is talented and yes 3 classes away, but with a clear preference to the Canes.

Some early recruits do change their mind and in some cases we do (Daxon, etc). I rather have our staff early on these alpha elite local players and if they commit the better!

Glad to hear ... Love to keep that fence around Dade/Broward/PB!

Maybe Collins could transfer to Booker T before next season? The Tornadoes have some really good skill guys on offense, but they need some size up front.

Not to mention the schedule BTW, Carol City, Central, Northwestern et al play definitely is good preparation for D-I ball.

Outside of QB, the OL and DL are the most important positions on a football team as they are the foundation of the offense and defense respectively. DT is not only the most important position on defense, it is also the toughest to recruit due the scarcity of elite level DT prospects around the nation. All of that just to say that when a truly elite DT prospect shows up locally in South Florida we cannot afford to miss. I'm not certain that Collins is elite but assuming he is then his recruitment hasn't ended with this commitment. It has only begun.

From this point forward Richt and staff must re dedicate, renew and intensify their focus on recruiting OL and DL. What we have been doing up to this point is flat out not good enough. To be clear, the 2018 haul was very good but is just one class. We need to bring in very good to elite OL and DL prospects every year. Obviously we are working with a scholarship limit so the numbers will vary class to class but the important point here is to stack talent on top of talent on both lines. Create intense competition and let the cream rise to the top. This is nothing earth shattering and what I'm suggesting is nothing new. I've said it before and I'll repeat it an infinite number of times. In order to regain our status as an elite program, we must make a conscious, concerted effort to successfully recruit both lines.

Advertisement
Back