Elite 11 Finalists -- interesting

Advertisement
Who you think better between Grayson James and Maddox Kopp @Liberty City El
James.

But both have really good upside.

James is more of a polished passer, more accurate & has better throwing mechanics, strong arm that can make every throw & good mobility, very good intermediate route thrower in the middle of the field. Plus a smart kid that's lead his team's to playoffs W's in the TAPPS.

Kopp is a big tall 6'5 raw athlete plays Basketball & can dunk, has a big arm but isn't a complete QB yet. He actually has only started 1 year because he sat behind Matocha, he threw for over 3,000 yards & 28TD's but had 14INT's at 58%cmp. He's still raw needs development, he telegraphs his passes & tends to launch it too much instead of putting more touch on the ball.

I'd say both would need a Redshirt in college, but I think Grayson James (depending on where he went) would probably get in the field faster with an opportunity to start. Kopp IMO is more of project with some good tools to work with.

Both can be good with development in the right system.

Behren Morton might be the best kid in the group...

I was gonna post on him back in Feb, but he's pretty much been a TTech lock since last year. But that kid can absolutely sling it!

Drones, Salter, Nussmeier & Ty Thompson are my favorites in the group & all very talented passers.

Idk which among them will start as TF's because they're all going to teams that already have established upperclassmen QB's except for maybe Salter with Tenn, but man they're all good enough to play day 1 at P5 programs, even if they don't.

I know one thing, the Portal gonna be packed in the next two years with super talented QB's who signed at schools but weren't given the opportunity to play right away lol.

Advertisement
James.

But both have really good upside.

James is more of a polished passer, more accurate & has better throwing mechanics, strong arm that can make every throw & good mobility, very good intermediate route thrower in the middle of the field. Plus a smart kid that's lead his team's to playoffs W's in the TAPPS.

Kopp is a big tall 6'5 raw athlete plays Basketball & can dunk, has a big arm but isn't a complete QB yet. He actually has only started 1 year because he sat behind Matocha, he threw for over 3,000 yards & 28TD's but had 14INT's at 58%cmp. He's still raw needs development, he telegraphs his passes & tends to launch it too much instead of putting more touch on the ball.

I'd say both would need a Redshirt in college, but I think Grayson James (depending on where he went) would probably get in the field faster with an opportunity to start. Kopp IMO is more of project with some good tools to work with.

Both can be good with development in the right system.

Is matocha any good in you’re opinion? I’ve watched his highlights and I feel as if he’s not talked about enough or at all.

Is matocha any good in you’re opinion? I’ve watched his highlights and I feel as if he’s not talked about enough or at all.

Just scroll down.

Advertisement
Behren Morton might be the best kid in the group...

I was gonna post on him back in Feb, but he's pretty much been a TTech lock since last year. But that kid can absolutely sling it!

Drones, Salter, Nussmeier & Ty Thompson are my favorites in the group & all very talented passers.

Idk which among them will start as TF's because they're all going to teams that already have established upperclassmen QB's except for maybe Salter with Tenn, but man they're all good enough to play day 1 at P5 programs, even if they don't.

I know one thing, the Portal gonna be packed in the next two years with super talented QB's who signed at schools but weren't given the opportunity to play right away lol.
By then that might mean Miami is out of the running for one of them especially if TVD balls like we all hope he does. That, and/or Garcia decides to flip and sign with the Canes.

Story on Elite 11 QBs posted by national 247 writer. Questions were asked about QBs not selected and what the process was given there were only two regional semi finals.

The elite 11 folks had players send in video of themselves with 20 scripted throws. They then chose from that. Some guys did not send anything in, so they weren’t eligible. Some of them may have been passed on. I can only say for certain on two of these that Eli Stowers and Jalen Milroe did not submit anything.

Christian Veilleux at the Elite 11! Quebec is in the house! So rare to see such talented player at QB, there’s also Jonathan Senechal who signed with UConn last year. Dude was a monster before he hurt his ACL! Can’t wait to see him play!

Advertisement
Is Elite 11 played in gym shorts? I thought so. Meaningless when it comes to telling you anything about how a guy will react under the lights in big-time P5 football.

All these dopey camps are fun and are good ways for guys to schmooze, bag men to make inroads, and agents to start setting their hooks. You have no clue what you're getting in a QB until he fights through all the noise with 300 pound athletic animals bearing down on him.

First of all, if it were only held at 2 locations, we don't know who didn't go. Does anyone know if Garcia and others actually went to either event?

Advertisement
Is Elite 11 played in gym shorts? I thought so. Meaningless when it comes to telling you anything about how a guy will react under the lights in big-time P5 football.

All these dopey camps are fun and are good ways for guys to schmooze, bag men to make inroads, and agents to start setting their hooks. You have no clue what you're getting in a QB until he fights through all the noise with 300 pound athletic animals bearing down on him.
I seem to recall Preston Dewey getting hyped from that camp years ago. He got to Miami and looked like he belonged in D3. I think he just quit football all together after a year. Terrific eval from Jedd Fisch.

Garcia may not have even sent in a tape. He did participate in the LA event but didnt get an invite. The national 247 board had a story the other day about 5 QBs they would have liked to see at Elite 11 finals. Garcia, Milroe and Altmeyer were three of them. Milroe definitely did NOT submit tape, that was reported by the Texas guy. It really doesn’t mean much in the long run.

Advertisement
Back