Elite 11 Finalists -- interesting

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
The actual regional competitions only took place in two locations - three guys received invitations through these events:

Tyler Buchner ( ND)
Dematrius Davis (Auburn)
JJ McCarthy (Michigan)
Drake Maye (UNC)
Miller Moss (USC)
Kyle McCord (Ohio State)
Kaidon Salter (Tenn)
Caleb Williams (Uncommitted - presumed to Oklahoma)
Sam Huard (Wash)
Garrett Nussmeier (LSU)
Brock Vandergriff (UGA)
Christian Veilleux (Penn St)
Ty Thompson (Oregon)
Carlos del Rio (UF)
Kyron Drones (Baylor)
Behren Morton (Texas Tech)
Tyler Macon (Missouri)
Jay Allen (UF baseball commit)
Grayson James (uncommitted)
Maddox Kopp (uncommitted)

Looks like Garcia got snubbed...

Advertisement
The actual regional competitions only took place in two locations - three guys received invitations through these events:

Tyler Buchner ( ND)
Dematrius Davis (Auburn)
JJ McCarthy (Michigan)
Drake Maye (UNC)
Miller Moss (USC)
Kyle McCord (Ohio State)
Kaidon Salter (Tenn)
Sam Huard (Wash)
Garrett Nussmeier (LSU)
Brock Vandergriff (UGA)
Ty Thompson (Oregon)
Carlos del Rio (UF)
Kyron Drones (Baylor)
Tyler Macon (Missouri)

Carlos Del Rio just got majorly dropped on 247 too. Down to middling 3-star I believe.

Advertisement

Tyler Buchner ( ND)
Dematrius Davis (Auburn)
JJ McCarthy (Michigan)
Drake Maye (UNC)
Miller Moss (USC)
Kyle McCord (Ohio State)
Kaidon Salter (Tenn)
Sam Huard (Wash)
Garrett Nussmeier (LSU)
Brock Vandergriff (UGA)
Ty Thompson (Oregon)
Carlos del Rio (UF)
Kyron Drones (Baylor)
Tyler Macon (Missouri)

We should start getting after the Baylor, Texas Tech, and Missouri commits as well as the two uncommitted. I feel decent about Garcia but I don't think we get Milroe, kid is all Texas. Anyway, would like to see Lashlee expand the board a bit.

Posted it in your other thread Hoya, but 7 QB's from Texas in the Elite 11 this year.

Even Grayson James made it, I posted on in the uncommitted QB's thread

Advertisement
Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but I find it hard to believe that 7 of 11 QBs invited should be from Texas. There weren’t any other better QBs in the entire country?
Texas produces the highest volume of good QB's in the country, both for college & NFL football.

Yes there were other good QB's elsewhere, but the 21 class in particular is absolutely loaded with TX QB's who all have very good arm talent. There were about 4 more from TX that were good enough to get invited as well.

I would have liked to see Kai Millner get an invite but they went with Ty Thompson as the highest ranked QB from AZ.

Elite 11 is ran by Trent Dilfer & the QB gurus Jordan Palmer & George Whitfield, they basically handpick the kids they want based on how they perform at the regionals, but this year because most of the regionals were cancelled the kids themselves had to submit their credentials to get an invite. They had to put together their own workout videos of them making specific throws, run a hand timed 40 & complete a questionnaire.

Basically the kids who looked the best got picked, but most of these kids are already familiar with Elite 11 coaches so they're not completely unaware of who they were beforehand.

Advertisement
Texas produces the highest volume of good QB's in the country, both for college & NFL football.

Yes there were other good QB's elsewhere, but the 21 class in particular is absolutely loaded with TX QB's who all have very good arm talent. There were about 4 more from TX that were good enough to get invited as well.

I would have liked to see Kai Millner get an invite but they went with Ty Thompson as the highest ranked QB from AZ.

Elite 11 is ran by Trent Dilfer & the QB gurus Jordan Palmer & George Whitfield, they basically handpick the kids they want based on how they perform at the regionals, but this year because most of the regionals were cancelled the kids themselves had to submit their credentials to get an invite. They had to put together their own workout videos of them making specific throws, run a hand timed 40 & complete a questionnaire.

Basically the kids who looked the best got picked, but most of these kids are already familiar with Elite 11 coaches so they're not completely unaware of who they were beforehand.

I hope these camps are not like the local camps lolol!

Advertisement

I know Texas produces a lot of high end QBs but 7 out of 11 just seems excessive to me

Advertisement
Back