Elite 11 - Final

Advertisement
there is zero chance golden is being asked to recruit 2 sport athletes to help w/ other sports. not a chance.

I just don't think Coley likes White for whatever reason. He's taller than Rosier so it's not about height.

I think he's just not crazy about QB's who run a 5.05 laser 40. Andrew Brown (DT) ran a 5.05 at 6'4" 295lbs.

Advertisement
I wouldn't flip out too much re: White. 7on7 is light years away from throwing behind a wall of 6'5" collegiate OL for a short QB.

You have to laugh at the cosmos lining up this way, though, on a comedic note. We land a freak Elite 11 QB who goes from unknown to national superstar in 2 months? Yawn, local kid we ignore wins national MVP to steal some shine. Funny, in a real University of Miami post-2002 kinda way.

It's a mistake due to our OC's personal preference(s). Sean White doesn't fit that mold. I've compared him to Gary Nova, who I previously compared to someone like Andrew Dalton. If we're looking at QBs as lead guards, these guys are distributors. Coley seems to like lead guards who score.

You can win with either. At least it's with a rationale, I guess.

Advertisement
I wouldn't flip out too much re: White. 7on7 is light years away from throwing behind a wall of 6'5" collegiate OL for a short QB.

You have to laugh at the cosmos lining up this way, though, on a comedic note. We land a freak Elite 11 QB who goes from unknown to national superstar in 2 months? Yawn, local kid we ignore wins national MVP to steal some shine. Funny, in a real University of Miami post-2002 kinda way.

It's a mistake due to our OC's personal preference(s). Sean White doesn't fit that mold. I've compared him to Gary Nova, who I previously compared to someone like Andrew Dalton. If we're looking at QBs as lead guards, these guys are distributors. Coley seems to like lead guards who score.

You can win with either. At least it's with a rationale, I guess.

What a ******* analogy.

Bravo. AND repped.

Pure points: Distributors who just get the team in the right play and let the playmakers make plays

Scoring Points: Big Arm. Takes chances. Will make the big throw instead of a simple one. Challenges the tight spaces.

Advertisement
I just don't think Coley likes White for whatever reason. He's taller than Rosier so it's not about height.

I think he's just not crazy about QB's who run a 5.05 laser 40. Andrew Brown (DT) ran a 5.05 at 6'4" 295lbs.

What's Tom Brady's 40 time?

Is Sean White actually 6'2" (I honestly have no clue)? I can't think of a good qb who is slow and short. Brady is tall with excellent feet and the right stuff between the ears.

It's a little hypocritical to ding white for his performance without pads and then get all worked up about Kaaya, but there are other factors at play (i.e., height and or speed).

If the staff can identify and land someone across country that is now blowing up, I trust them even more for not offering someone in our backyard.

Is Sean White actually 6'2" (I honestly have no clue)? I can't think of a good qb who is slow and short. Brady is tall with excellent feet and the right stuff between the ears.

It's a little hypocritical to ding white for his performance without pads and then get all worked up about Kaaya, but there are other factors at play (i.e., height and or speed).

If the staff can identify and land someone across country that is now blowing up, I trust them even more for not offering someone in our backyard.

Not even with cleats on.

Not even with cleats on.

Andrew Dalton is listed at 6' 2" but shorter. He ran something between a 4.82 and a 4.98 coming out of college.

Advertisement
When a recruit legitimately shuts their recruitment down, I think there is less chatter about offers, etc. If Kaaya isn't saying anything about other programs and isn't responding to calls then there is really very little news to report. Guessing other programs just see him as solid to us.

Brad Kaaya will probably move into the top 5 by NSD

Im still perplexed as to why no other schools have offered Kaaya.

Thoughts??

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ailbag-sizing-up-the-elite-11-and-the-opening

From @DaU_Canes: Thoughts on Brad Kaaya and does he have the tools to win a National Championship in Coley's offense?

He was one of the better QBs at the Elite 11. He's very smooth. Kaaya makes everything look pretty easy. He's also got the kind of frame where you could see him as a 6-4, 235-pound quarterback by the time he's in his second year at UM. He's already about 220. He had some stretches this week where he looked like the top quarterback at the Elite 11, but there were also some moments where he wasn't so sharp. One of the QB coaches working the camp said he thought it wouldn't surprise him at all to see Kaaya as a Top 10 draft pick in four or five years.

Having the tools to win a national championship actually goes well beyond just what Kaaya brings, but the talent around him. We'll see if Miami can upgrade the defense enough to make another run.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ailbag-sizing-up-the-elite-11-and-the-opening

From @DaU_Canes: Thoughts on Brad Kaaya and does he have the tools to win a National Championship in Coley's offense?

He was one of the better QBs at the Elite 11. He's very smooth. Kaaya makes everything look pretty easy. He's also got the kind of frame where you could see him as a 6-4, 235-pound quarterback by the time he's in his second year at UM. He's already about 220. He had some stretches this week where he looked like the top quarterback at the Elite 11, but there were also some moments where he wasn't so sharp. One of the QB coaches working the camp said he thought it wouldn't surprise him at all to see Kaaya as a Top 10 draft pick in four or five years.

Having the tools to win a national championship actually goes well beyond just what Kaaya brings, but the talent around him. We'll see if Miami can upgrade the defense enough to make another run.

2* dont want

Does anyone find it strange that other schools havent offered Brad Kaaya?

4 star, Elite 11 with ONE BCS offer???

Hmmm.

Advertisement
Back