2024 Elijah Rushing 5* #1 Edge (Commits to Zona then flips to Oregon)

Advertisement
What are we even arguing here?

Since 2006 we've had:
  • Randy Shannon
  • Al Golden
  • Mark Richt (suffering from a serious illness)
  • Manny Diaz
If Cristobal is ONLY a top 15 Head Coach that's still a **** sight better than the shower that proceeded him for the last 15 years. I swear some of you guys would start an argument in a room by yourself.
Miami’s previous Coaches has nothing to do with the discussion.

The wasn’t the point & that’s not what the debate is about.

Yeah man. Pete Garcia was a UM guy. He was a recruiting coordinator in the early 90s and then he became director of football operations under Butch and even went to Cleveland with Butch and was director of player personnel and then became Vice President of Personnel and Development. Kinda like Alonzo before coming back to UM to be associate AD, again kinda like Alonzo lol. Then he got ****ed cuz he wanted the AD job and they wouldn't give it to him and get rid of Paul Dee so he rode to FIU in 2006 and brought Mario with him.

Mario overachieved at FIU and wanted Garcia to invest more in the program. Look at Mario's year last year here and what we've gone through this year to win games and now think that he won 8 games in a year and is responsible for two of the three total Bowl appearances at FIU (Butch being the other). There were literally times that the department "forgot" to coordinate busses for the players (I think it was actually for a game against Miami in the OB) and the coaching staff was shuttling players in their personal cars. Mario got ****ed and him and Garcia started started butting heads. Garcia tried to push him away thinking he would take the Rutgers job and when he didn't take it he looked for the first reason to fire him which was FIU going 3-9 the next year.

Pete was known as one of the worst ADs in CFB, corrupt as ****, and slept with staffers and ****. Total Slime ball.
Yea but do u know lol I’ll leave it at that. You right though.

To all. If you want me to subtract that factor I will. he’s a pretty good recruiter. I don’t know how many other truly defining qualities he has
I mean it's like what defining qualities does someone like John Harbaugh have?

Mario: Great recruiter, Great Oline coach, Brings top of the line investment with him, Builds a good culture. As long as he hires 2 good coordinators, and gets a good QB, we will be successful.

Advertisement

Mario: Great recruiter, Great Oline coach, Brings top of the line investment with him, Builds a good culture. As long as he hires 2 good coordinators, and gets a good QB, we will be successful.

In all fairness…John Harbaugh's raw intelligence football knowledge on both sides of the ball destroys CMC.

I think we are trending up and can reach a certain level with Cristobal. But if we even take to a much more basic level of football intelligence... very few coaches are so dumb to run a play vs. Georgia Tech. There are some facets, he is just not a smart man.

Last edited:

He has more murmurs for being a qb killer and nerfing OCs. Evidence seems that way also.

In all fairness…John Harbaugh's raw intelligence football knowledge on both sides of the ball destroys CMC.

I think we are trending up and can reach a certain level with Cristobal. But if we even take to a much more basic level of football intelligence... very few coaches are so dumb to run a play vs. Georgia Tech. There are some facets, he is just not a smart man.
And which side of the ball is there evidence of John Harbaugh applying all this raw intelligence to on the field? lol I'm not going to say Harbaugh isn't a good coach, I like him a lot, but lets be real here, he is also reliant on having good coordinators and talent, same as Mario. He's a special teams guy, which is basically useless today. My point was If John Harbaugh was our coach yall would probably be saying the same **** lol, except maybe trading gameday coaching for recruiting ability. There are clear positives Mario brings. And just cause he has negatives, doesn't mean they outweigh the good, or that they will always remain negatives. I'd say his OC and DC hires have for the most part gone against what all the people who try to **** on him for meddling say. And next year if we get a top QB transfer, we're going to win a **** of a lot of games.

Advertisement
And which side of the ball is there evidence of John Harbaugh applying all this raw intelligence to on the field? l

Sometimes reputations are earned.

Look I'm pretty much a Mario supporter, and have been called out on this board for being too supportive…But enough is enough and there's a reason Harbaugh is regarded as one of the top 5-6 coaches in the NFL.

There's a lot to like about CMC, for sure. But there's clear negatives as well.

Sometimes reputations are earned.

Look I'm pretty much a Mario supporter, and have been called out on this board for being too supportive…But enough is enough and there's a reason Harbaugh is regarded as one of the top 5-6 coaches in the NFL.

There's a lot to like about CMC, for sure. But there's clear negatives as well.
Harbaugh is a top 5-6 coach in the NFL... But see you can say that same way someone can say Mario is a top 10 coach... Yet I'm sure we can **** near make a list of 9 names that are better than John Harbaugh.

Reid, Belichick, McVay, Tomlin, Sean Payton, Pete Carroll.. I mean that'd put Harbaugh at 7 right there lol. And I don't think it's crazy to think many would have Shanahan, Sirianni, Mike McDaniel, Zac Taylor, Sean McDermott, etc over him.. Certainly the only thing stopping Shanahan is a SB win. Mike McCarthy has just as good of a Win%, and has a SB ring... Doug Peterson has a SB ring, and in like half the time has as many division championships lol.

Just saying man, ranking coaches isn't as clear as people wanna make it out to be. And Mario not being the architect of like the offense/defense makes people rank him lower. Cause I bet you if you ask someone do you want Shanahan or Mike McDaniel over the next 5 years to be your HC or John Harbaugh, most would probably not be picking Harbaugh. Because they see the offense those other two are in charge of directly, and value it more than what Harbaugh does. I don't think this is that dissimilar to Mario honestly..

Just arrived in this discussion. There are folks who really think Mario is a top 10 coach? smh

There are folks who believe he's not top 20. It was spun into a top 10 debate because I stated I couldn't name 10 coaches CLEARLY better not arguably better CLEARLY as a P5 coach let a lone 20. I've still haven't received that last btw with clear evidence. Again I stand corrected about Kelly but he's like number 7 that is CLEARLY better. So please enlighten me on 13 more active P5 coaches.
Screenshot_20231103-065138_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement

It’s all about the people a leader surrounds themselves with. Look at Lincoln Riley. One of the best offensive minds in the business but his defenses have always sucked.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back