Elijah Roberts

Advertisement
Y’all got to stop with this strongside defensive end stuff. Miami has never had a dend bigger than 265 in the diaz era. Maybe Chad thomas but that’s about it. We have athletic edges . Robert’s is a 3 technique all day and going to be a **** good one
Chad was definitely pushing 270..and RJ In some packages we used him at DE..I have no issue with Roberts playing that spot if needed. But definitely not full time

Advertisement
Y’all got to stop with this strongside defensive end stuff. Miami has never had a dend bigger than 265 in the diaz era. Maybe Chad thomas but that’s about it. We have athletic edges . Robert’s is a 3 technique all day and going to be a **** good one

**** nah he looks like a SDE to me

Jahfari Harvey - 6'4" 252
Deandre Johnson - 6'3" 260
Cam Williams - 6'4" 240
Chantz Williams - 6'4" 255
Zach McCloud - 6'2" 254
Quentin Williams - 6'3" 280
Jabari Ishmael - 6'5" 245
Thomas Davis - 6'2" 220
Elijah Roberts - 6'4" 270

Per the current roster on MiamiHurricanes.com, that's 9 legitimate DEs for 2021. And we've lost Holley and Blissett, so that means at least one of these guys will need to play inside some.

But I do agree that it would be very nice to have a big body SDE to line up against the bigger teams like Bama. We need the versatility to go big/power or small/speed when we need to.

Advertisement
Cam Williams - 6'4" 240
Zach McCloud - 6'2" 254
Thomas Davis - 6'2" 220

Per the current roster on MiamiHurricanes.com, that's 9 legitimate DEs for 2021. And we've lost Holley and Blissett, so that means at least one of these guys will need to play inside some.

But I do agree that it would be very nice to have a big body SDE to line up against the bigger teams like Bama. We need the versatility to go big/power or small/speed when we need to.
I thought Cam was gone, or did I miss something?

Dj Khaled Ox GIF

Advertisement
Cam Williams - 6'4" 240
Zach McCloud - 6'2" 254
Thomas Davis - 6'2" 220

Q Williams is already inside i believe at 280. and gaining. He is still athletic too

Advertisement
LOL.Yeah our DTs don't want to get fat.Blissett before the medical issue,Hunter,Williams,Holley,Roberts all top at 270-280 and either can't gain weight or refuse to fatten up.I can see Taylor and Haye both over 300 already blow past most of them soon.
Do you really believe this?

Can somebody tell me exactly what a "strong side DE" is versus the spread offense? Where does he line-up when there's no Tight End?
Manny has played left and right ends pretty much exclusively since he’s been here other than year 1 but it seems most don’t notice that.

Lashlee did the same with the X/Z last year too. Air raid concept.

Advertisement
Back