Elijah Roberts

Hstokes1447

Junior
With Leonard Taylor now at 305 pounds I think it will be best to move Elijah Roberts to his more natural position of strong-side defensive. At 6-4 270 he is big enough to set the edge and help stop the run. He is also athletic enough to get consistent pressure on the QB.

Elijah was looking like the 5th or 6th on the depth chart at DT coming out of spring ball, but at SDE he could easily be in the 2 deep. I say give those 5th or 6th DT reps to LT and allow Elijah to sure up the DE position that is in need or quality depth.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
No way lol that would short sighted lol.

This kid will be top 3 at DT next year.

Nesta gone

Ford gone

Miller likely gone

DT would be JHH (with a good year he could leave too), LT, Elijah, Holley, Haye, and FR.

Not sure if I'm forgetting someone.
Quentin Williams

Nesta gone

Ford gone

Miller likely gone

DT would be JHH (with a good year he could leave too), LT, Elijah, Holley, Haye, and FR.

Why would Miler leave? He is a “COVID” redshirt sophomore who hasn’t done anything yet to put him in a position to leave early.

Also Elijah Roberts could also move back inside next season.

looking at this roster right now and there is not one defensive end with the size & strength to consistently hold up against the run.

Advertisement

Nesta gone

Ford gone

Miller likely gone

Why would Miler leave? He is a “COVID” redshirt sophomore who hasn’t done anything to put him in a position to leave early.

Also

2022 potential returning D-Line could be (in order by class):

DT

RJR Jordan Miller

RSO Jared Harrison-Hunte

RSO Jalar Holley

SO Leonard Taylor

RFR or SO Quentin Williams

RFR Allan Haye, Jr.

DE

RSO Jahfari Harvey

RSO Cameron Williams

SO Elijah Roberts

SO Chantz Williams

RFR or SO Jabari Ishmael

RFR or SO Thomas Davis

Advertisement

Nesta gone

Ford gone

Miller likely gone

Have you guys heard anything on JHH recently? He was looking pretty thin on some of the insta vids I saw recently

Have you guys heard anything on JHH recently? He was looking pretty thin on some of the insta vids I saw recently
LOL.Yeah our DTs don't want to get fat.Blissett before the medical issue,Hunter,Williams,Holley,Roberts all top at 270-280 and either can't gain weight or refuse to fatten up.I can see Taylor and Haye both over 300 already blow past most of them soon.

LOL.Yeah our DTs don't want to get fat.Blissett before the medical issue,Hunter,Williams,Holley,Roberts all top at 270-280 and either can't gain weight or refuse to fatten up.I can see Taylor and Haye both over 300 already blow past most of them soon.
How would anyone possibly know if they're refusing to gain weight ?

Advertisement
Back