Elijah Roberts

Advertisement
Most people want to look and feel good and would avoid having a gut if they can.
For Blissett I think all those concussions made it hard for him to function let alone become a 300 pound beast. Holley I think had Covid last year and maybe its affected him poorly. Roberts I think is ideally 275-280 ala RJ McIntosh type. But we just gotta recruit more of those true 300 pound big body guys. It seems Simpson is addressing that.

Advertisement
Why would Miler leave? He is a “COVID” redshirt sophomore who hasn’t done anything to put him in a position to leave early.

Also

It’s not entirely his choice. He should have his degree and Miami would have fulfilled its obligations to him. Miami could tell him to seek shelter elsewhere.

I don't care where he lines up just like I didn't care where Rousseau lined up. Get him on the field.

One thing I wish we would do more often is stand more people up at the line with constant movement so you don't know who is pinning their ears back and rushing, who is sitting along the LOS and who is dropping back into coverage.

Charlie Strong, Bud Foster and that BC DC were the guys to first start doing that, then many teams in both college and the NFL adopted it. Our DL when the ball is snapped is way to predictable. Guys with speed and size like Roberts and Taylor and Stewart could change that. Hopefully Simpson and Manny shake things up more.

Most people want to look and feel good and would avoid having a gut if they can.
I wasn't saying they need to be fat by any means but JHH already was on the more slender side and to me looked even smaller in a video he posted yesterday. Maybe it was just the angle of the pic. Def didn't look like a DT...but he was really good when he was healthy last yr. Looking forward to a full season from him. Figured I'd ask...haven't heard much on him this offseason

Advertisement
That’s not his natural position. 3-tech is.
He played DE his whole life. He's definitely the best DE on the team right now skill and technique and at 275 he could definitely set the edge at Strongside. Keep in mind he was 270 on kickoff last year, making plays. Bama, NC and, Clemson will kill our 245-250 lb DE's.
Was he the guy blowing up people on kickoffs last year?
Yessir. We could definitely use that size and speed on the edge.

Y’all got to stop with this strongside defensive end stuff. Miami has never had a dend bigger than 265 in the diaz era. Maybe Chad thomas but that’s about it. We have athletic edges . Robert’s is a 3 technique all day and going to be a **** good one
That's why Bama is going to kick our DE's ***. Neal 6'7 360 lbs and moving vs our 250lb DE's good luck. Elijah can hold that Strongside down at 275

Advertisement
Y’all got to stop with this strongside defensive end stuff. Miami has never had a dend bigger than 265 in the diaz era. Maybe Chad thomas but that’s about it. We have athletic edges . Robert’s is a 3 technique all day and going to be a **** good one
That's why the defense won't be dominating games vs the powerhouse. Because small DE's won't get it, especially on the Strongside.

He played DE his whole life. He's definitely the best DE on the team right now skill and technique and at 275 he could definitely set the edge at Strongside. Keep in mind he was 270 on kickoff last year, making plays. Bama, NC and, Clemson will kill our 245-250 lb DE's.

Yessir. We could definitely use that size and speed on the edge.

While I think highly of Roberts, he has put nothing on film yet to say he is the best DE on the team right now. If he is, he will play and we can all rejoice.

Advertisement
Not comparing the two, but what did Rousseau put on film and we all saw how that went. Scott Patchan still started over him, for 6 freakin games
All we heard during spring/Camp was Greg Rousseau. The same has not been said about Roberts. Extremely talented but let's be realistic until he puts it on film.

All we heard during spring/Camp was Greg Rousseau. The same has not been said about Roberts. Extremely talented but let's be realistic until he puts it on film.
There's a WHOLE LOT that's not said that happens in practice. Elijah doesn't even run with bigs, he runs with linebackers, strikers, tight ends & DE's in practice. That should tell you something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back