Elijah Roberts to the portal

Tennessee just did it and usc

USC had more returning talent than UM.
I get your point on Tennessee...that's fair but how many Tennessee examples are out there?
Bottom line you need to have a solid core of players before even worrying about the portal possibilities.

Advertisement
You’re right - for every mesidor and Jackson there are many more Caleb Johnson’s and Jonathan denis’s. Howevah, if you scout well, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that you can bring in several quality starter types. Just look at what we did with our DL. It was overhauled overnight. Mario can do the same at LB, OL and WR if he gets the right guys.

Big on EVALS.

I have faith as he evals at OL pretty well.

I dont think a legit portal WR would come here if we keep this offensive staff..they aint stupid.

Yea this off szn will be interesting....i wanna see who they can possibly poach.

Definitely expect significant turnover, but unlikely the number approaches 45. More likely in the 35 range with recruits & portal.
You’re already lower than everybody else. Everyone from me, Cribby, Gaby, etc exp at least 40 new names. It’s not going to be in the 30s.

USC had more returning talent than UM.
I get your point on Tennessee...that's fair but how many Tennessee examples are out there?
Bottom line you need to have a solid core of players before even worrying about the portal possibilities.
Everybody isn’t leaving and I feel we will have a solid core

Advertisement
Advertisement
Portal is part of recruiting in 2022 and beyond. If he wants to turn the roster over, he needs to do it through the portal - quickly and strategically to avoid going 0-2 in his first 2 seasons at Miami…

Year 1 is an F.

He has to get rolling on year 2
He can't' unless he hires a miracle on offense. You have to out score someone.

When people say 40 new players on the roster that's 25-30 high school and 10-15 portal. Nobody has ever said go take 40 kids from the portal.

This team played with low effort and low IQ all season long.

It reminds me of that scene in Band of Brothers (true story) where they're in basic training and the sergeant is pushing them too hard and making a dumb decisions. The cadets and squad leader go over the sergeant's head and tell the major that they refuse to run anymore unless the sergeant is fired/replaced. The major "fires" the sergeant, or reassigns him to dig trenches in Alaska or some ****, BUT he also demotes or fires the entire squad for insubordination. Who is right and who is wrong doesn't matter.

That's our team right now. Bet your *** that Gattis is gone, he lost the faith of his team and he made stupid decisions. BUT, bet your *** also that the players who quit during the year or whined and cried about him are also gone, because the expectation is you play hard and practice hard no matter who your coach is and how dumb he is.

40 new players is very likely, I'd say.
This might be the greatest @RightSaidFred post ever on CIS.

Im all for conceding that maybe hes better off playing in a 3-4 scheme or whatever scheme it was that Manny ran..but im not going to sit here and say that whenever I saw him play last season..he didnt flash. He popped off the screen. This goes to the narrative that for some reason..alot of players have regressed this season under Mario and this staff.... Very few players got better from last year to this year.

We can count them on one hand. You cant say "didnt work hard/didnt buy-in/didnt like their position coach/wasnt tough enough/etc" about every player that didnt progress.

That is the problem I am having with Mario right now. Hes lost some credibility with me. Its no longer "Whatever Mario says or does, Im riding with no matter what" like it was last offseason. I will be questioning things now.
He should have never been like he hasn't won sh*t.. We should hold Mario accountable from the jump especially if given the keys to the city and $80 million cash. Too many red flags: Ten months to hire OC, an OL coach with a terrible OL, coaching with zero chemistry.. This will take years...

Dude got a lot of **** for being “negative” going into the year and he was in fact right all along. He was being realistic while everyone was feeding off the hype the sunshine pumpers put on here. Not sure if anyone apologized to him but on behalf of some of the slapdicks here you were right all along @RightSaidFred
This is a little overkill. There’s nothing wrong with giving the new coach a chance. And the criticism has been justified since that chance was given. Fred makes some good points sometimes though and when I agree I upvote them. That post was well done.

Advertisement
This is a little overkill. There’s nothing wrong with giving the new coach a chance. And the criticism has been justified since that chance was given. Fred makes some good points sometimes though and when I agree I upvote them. That post was well done.
Alright well I’ll just delete my post then

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back