Elijah Roberts- progress under new staff

I can't believe I'm saying this given where the team was at in December. But I cannot wait to see this defense this season. It could be outright winning games for us again finally. Roberts has the potential to be a huge part of that.

* Safeties are All Conference
* Corners are top quartile
* LBs upper half overall with potential upside at Will and Mike, could creep into top quartile with solid play at MLB by Johnson and Steed.
* DEs are top quartile. Roberts at SDE/fast package interior could be a force. Hope he pushes Harvey hard for snaps
* DTs are top quartile, LT could be a breakout player if his counterpart(s) demand(s) attention. Looking for Jackson, in particular to take a big huge step from his surprisingly strong TF year at Maryland.

Guys I want to see hit their stride: Roberts, Jackson, Chase Smith, Keontra, Al Blades, Harvey
Guys I want to see DOMINATE: Taylor, all starting safeties, Gil, Messidor, Stevenson

Last edited:
Advertisement
I can't believe I'm saying this given where the team was at in December. But I cannot wait to see this defense this season. It could be outright winning games for us again finally. Roberts has the potential to be a huge part of that.

* Safeties are All Conference
* Corners are top quartile
* LBs upper half overall with potential upside at Will and Mike, could creep into top quartile with solid play at MLB by Johnson and Steed.
* DEs are top quartile. Roberts at SDE/fast package interior could be a force. Hope he pushes Harvey hard for snaps
* DTs are top quartile, LT could be a breakout player if his counterpart(s) demand(s) attention. Looking for Jackson, in particular to take a big huge step from his surprisingly strong TF year at Maryland.

Guys I want to see hit their stride: Roberts, Jackson, Chase Smith, Keontra, Al Blades, Harvey
Guys I want to see DOMINATE: Taylor, all starting safeties, Gil, Messidor
I think Gil is going to have a monster year. I think he’s the guy this year on D.

Advertisement
Nah I don’t think so. I don’t know the young man personally, but I’ve seen him up close multiple times at practice. I’m going to say he doesn’t give a **** who they bring in.

If he’s healthy and if given the opportunity, I think he’s going to get significant playing time come this fall. It’s his time and now he has the position coaches that can develop him and get him to the league.

I keep saying coaching matters, but seeing is believing. IMO
Facts HOLISTIC CANE He's coming for their heads. All he ever wanted was a fair chance and opportunity to compete and now he has that with staff. No more seniority bull crap. #99ER is coming.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ve heard from a couple players that this staff runs things like an elite program and not a Mickey Mouse show like before (as if we didn’t know) but how is Elijah feeling mentally? I know he missed some time but that mental aspect has to be in a better place than before @elijah's Biggest Fan…?

I’ve heard from a couple players that this staff runs things like an elite program and not a Mickey Mouse show like before (as if we didn’t know) but how is Elijah feeling mentally? I know he missed some time but that mental aspect has to be in a better place than before @elijah's Biggest Fan…?
That could be said about a majority of our players.

Advertisement
DEFINITELY in a better place mentally! He is so excited about this season and it feels good to see the passion reignited.

20220726_093000.jpg

Advertisement
Back