Elijah Mccantos

Agree with all you said.

I have Mccantos as a "developmental corner" who does have alot of texhnical.skill as he isnt really raw. I'm trying to remember but I dont think he us originally from south florida. I say that because most south florida born an bred CBS have no idea or no want to play off coverage in these type of events.

Also you confirmed my feelings with Lathan as well. He can run well in a straight line..but he hasnt shown he can cover all that well in these events and he isnt physical on film much. I haven't been that high as him as a defender...definitely not a lb..possibly a striker.
I seen Wes get beat some in one on ones bad..but then I seen some good stuff. But similar to ol coaching...south florida lb coaching is traaaaaaashh...most teams dont even have one. **** I coached on a team with probably the best s.fla lb a class ago and we didn't have a lb coach at all. Kid just ran the drills or worked with the other positions.
I agree except on Lathan’s coverage. He is pretty fluid for a guy with true LB size. Nobody could get away from him at UA.

He’s just not very physical, and not freaky enough of an athlete to make up for it.

Advertisement
I agree except on Lathan’s coverage. He is pretty fluid for a guy with true LB size. Nobody could get away from him at UA.

He’s just not very physical, and not freaky enough of an athlete to make up for it.
Thats my thing with Lathan.

He isnt physical at all....if your going to be that and be slotted as a LB in Our scheme....you gotta make up for it with some other crazy attributes....and i dont see that with him as a "lb prospect"...now if you were to put him at striker and hope you can turn him into a Romeo Finley theres a chance...

but ive seen stated we are looking for a moe of a nickel type for that striker spot this go round...which make sense since there are multipl striker options with Chase Smith/James Williams alone being in the last class...and both guys will be 6'3 215plus guys as true freshma

Advertisement
Back