2024 Elija Lofton 4* TE from Bishop Gorman (aka Mini Brevin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DMoney from the 6/8 Bank

TE Elija Lofton (Las Vegas) is visiting this weekend and Miami is looking to close the deal. Unlike many of the other targets visiting this weekend, I think this one needs to end with a commitment. Otherwise, he may be headed to Texas.
Direct link to video comments

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Will he officially shut it down and not look at Texas and their money they got to throw around later in the process?

He looks like a fullback to me. I’m think they want a FB//HB in the offense at some point and this guy is a good option. Mario is big on physical prototypes. When he wants a guy who doesn’t fit that prototype, I’m pretty confident there is a specific reason and plan.

Advertisement
Oh yea? Can you break down your rationale for us?
Absolutely your highness.

First off he’s very undersized. At 6’2’’ 220 lb he’s basically a Khalil Brantley clone (and probably closer to 6’ 1.5’’). He’s an H-back that doesn’t possess phenomenal speed, and like @htownkidd said, I think he leans on the side of being physically maxed out; especially when you consider his “eye-popping” strength numbers as a high schooler with that body type. The fact that Miami was intrigued about his ability to play linebacker less a month ago just doesn’t sit right with me.

But again I’m not going to crap on Woodiel because he knows his ish and has brought onboard a plethora of talented TE’s. Hope I’m wrong, wish we were going to land Odom or Jackson though (amongst others).

*Edited because my dumbass put in Field instead of Woodiel

He looks like a fullback to me. I’m think they want a FB//HB in the offense at some point and this guy is a good option. Mario is big on physical prototypes. When he wants a guy who doesn’t fit that prototype, I’m pretty confident there is a specific reason and plan.

This. Look at the archetype of virtually every kid they’re recruiting, and then ask yourself why they’re really hot after this kid.

Absolutely your highness.

First off he’s very undersized. At 6’2’’ 220 lb he’s basically a Khalil Brantley clone (and probably closer to 6’ 1.5’’). He’s an H-back that doesn’t possess phenomenal speed, and like @htownkidd said, I think he leans on the side of being physically maxed out; especially when you consider his “eye-popping” strength numbers as a high schooler with that body type. The fact that Miami was intrigued about his ability to play linebacker less a month ago just doesn’t sit right with me.

But again I’m not going to crap on Field because he knows his ish and has brought onboard a plethora of talented TE’s. Hope I’m wrong, wish we were going to land Odom or Jackson though (amongst others).
Woodiel took over as TE coach.

Advertisement
I understand the comparison to Brantley and it’s a good one. What I would point out, is that Brantley played last year and was pretty effective in his role.

I could be wrong, but I think he left because he wants a larger, every down role which wasn’t happening here. That does not mean that our coaches didn’t consider him valuable and wouldn’t be interested in having a similar player on their roster again.

Disclaimer: I am a Kahlil Brantley fan and think he is a solid football player.

But the comparison is unfair to Lofton. This kid is much more productive, has much better verified measurables (over 90th percentile athletic tester), is higher rated and has much better schools after him.

People complain every year about our teams lacking tough football players. Lofton is a blue-chip talent that produces on offense in multiple ways and looks to knock people out. Give me more of those guys.

Smoke around this guy is deafening.
871591BE-4672-4CE1-ADA6-5D43D74ECC42.gif

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back