2024 Elija Lofton 4* TE from Bishop Gorman (aka Mini Brevin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
These guys didn't recruit Brevin Jordan super hard while at Oregon. They think Lofton is a way better fit physically for what they're trying to do. Extremely strong with some serious weight room numbers, physical blocker, can run and catch. Miami loves him as a tight end but also believe he could be a highly recruited linebacker if he bought into that position. They're more than okay with how capable he is as a tight end - just a testament to the type of athlete he is. - 247 on Lofton

Fun film, if only he was a little bit taller... I still think he is a take though. Put him at HBack, shift him around, slide him into a FB position in the backfield etc.

OR

Go straight RB kinda like what CJ Donaldson did at WVU. He would kill it as a third down back. Blocking is high level so I assume pass pro would come pretty naturally, def could catch passes/run routes out of the backfield and he looks nice with the ball in his hands. Would also pair well with CWH in this class.

Fun film, if only he was a little bit taller... I still think he is a take though. Put him at HBack, shift him around, slide him into a FB position in the backfield etc.

OR

Go straight RB kinda like what CJ Donaldson did at WVU. He would kill it as a third down back. Blocking is high level so I assume pass pro would come pretty naturally, def could catch passes/run routes out of the backfield and he looks nice with the ball in his hands. Would also pair well with CWH in this class.
I think you may be on to something here. I’m not normally in the “switch his position crowd” but I am firmly in the “not a TE” crowd for this one.

Advertisement
Not as high on him as most of you. Great HS player, just appears he may be maxed out. Not fired up about a listed 6’2 230 (so probably smaller) receiving option.
He probably be more of a H- Back type do it all guy. We have multiple big prototypes on the roster and going after. Not worried if he got that dog in him. Open question that

Brevin Jordan was listed at 6’3” 210 in high school

Advertisement
Khalil Brantley who ends up in the portal a few years later because he shouldn’t have ever been viewed as a legitimate P5 TE in the first place.

Edit: Brevin Jordan was already “mini”, not sure if I want a mini-mini-TE.
Brevin Jordan at the combine was basically 6'3 245.
George Kittle n inch taller 2 pounds heavier.
Just stating for reference.

Khalil Brantley shouldnt have had to transfer out as he should ve been used more which was shown last year...but the folks that have an obsession with size didnt really throw him out there like they should ve...and when they did he proved to be more physical than the prerequisite size tes on the roster.

But i dont see the point in getting if you dont know how to utilize this type of te...We have previous ocs that could use guys like this throughout the years though...h back types like he and brantley and Brevin to a smaller degree.

Not as high on him as most of you. Great HS player, just appears he may be maxed out. Not fired up about a listed 6’2 230 (so probably smaller) receiving option.
Judging by our other targets at TE and WR I venture to guess the staff agrees with you but I would keep tabs on him for sure

Judging by our other targets at TE and WR I venture to guess the staff agrees with you but I would keep tabs on him for sure
Gaby said staff is super high on Lofton. He’s the in line TE they would like to pair with a receiving type like Odom

Advertisement
He's a guy that can be moved around when we motion and if he gets 1 on 1 with a linebacker he'll eat him up every time. He gets lined up with a small nickel and he'll be able to create separation with that body/size.

I love kids like this if they are used correctly and Dawson is going to do just that.

Do we need to have him on commit watch this weekend? @DMoney in the 5/19 bank

Lofton in particular is a pure football player who can help at multiple spots. They just want to get him in the fold and that might happen sooner than later.

Advertisement

Following a second visit to Miami on Saturday, the 6-foot-2, 220-pounder who ranks as the No. 236 overall prospect and the No. 14 tight end nationally, has four schools contending for a commitment scheduled for July 8. Those are Miami, Texas, Arizona State, and Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back