Eligibility update-today 8/21

I would guess age is a consideration for King. He’s 23 in a couple of days. If he comes back, he’s playing his first NFL season at 25 years old. Consideration of rookie deal length and age at second deal. Just a thought.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hopefully King is NOT here in 2021 because it would mean he won the 2020 Heisman trophy and led the canes to the playoffs/title number 6.

There it is. This year doesn’t count. And seniors can come back again next year and they don’t count towards a scholarship limit.

Transfer portal baby. Bring me your finest!
DAB91B2F-E531-4E00-B1BF-EEBDF4E46464.gif

I would guess age is a consideration for King. He’s 23 in a couple of days. If he comes back, he’s playing his first NFL season at 25 years old. Consideration of rookie deal length and age at second deal. Just a thought.

Most of idiots live on fantasy island.. let them dream. Every kid dreams of playing for free.

Our only senior are:

King - - most likely want to go NFL, don't think a 6th year will help his draft status
Harley - - most likely want to go NFL, don't think a 6th year will help his draft status
Jarrid - - most likely want to go NFL, don't think a 6th year will help his draft status
Ford- not sure how he plays this year...
Roche - most likely want to go NFL, don't think a 6th year will help his draft status
McCloud - most likely want to go NFL, don't think a 6th year will help his draft status
Carter - won't get drafted high but may not want to come back if not starting
Jose - maybe he can delay his brother's enrollment for a year, most likely won't get drafted

I don't think the rule will help us much but it does give the younger guys an extra year. They will now need to increase the number of scholarships next for at least 1 year or the class of 2021 will need to be shrunk unless you the team is well below the 85 limit.

Our only senior are:

King - - most likely want to go NFL, don't think a 6th year will help his draft status
Harley - - most likely want to go NFL, don't think a 6th year will help his draft status
Jarrid - - most likely want to go NFL, don't think a 6th year will help his draft status
Ford- not sure how he plays this year...
Roche - most likely want to go NFL, don't think a 6th year will help his draft status
McCloud - most likely want to go NFL, don't think a 6th year will help his draft status
Carter - won't get drafted high but may not want to come back if not starting
Jose - maybe he can delay his brother's enrollment for a year, most likely won't get drafted

I don't think the rule will help us much but it does give the younger guys an extra year. They will now need to increase the number of scholarships next for at least 1 year or the class of 2021 will need to be shrunk unless you the team is well below the 85 limit.
I can see Jose getting drafted late. There's always multiple teams that need a good kicker and Jose is good.

Advertisement
Cool!

N'Kosi will get his tenth year here!

Does that make him eligible to file for a Homestead Exemption here?
We can extend that by sending him on a Mormon mission. We’ll get him tickets to the national touring company production of the Book of Mormon (or whatever that play is) so he’ll know what to due.

Advertisement
Why would King leave? Take two years to build your resume. Be the face of the program in a huge market and make money off your likeness as well.

Theres absolutely no rush imo. To be a fringe QB in the NFL? Nope, stay and build your legacy kid!
Yes plus he won't have to wait for Lawrence and Fields to get picked before him. :)

Advertisement
Back