Eligibility update-today 8/21

Advertisement
this a good thing and bad thing. I’m sure portal gonna be jumping if all them dudes come back. Kids be wanting to play and play right away. Maybe we get lucky and finally get to use RS the way they are to be used. A man can dream

this a good thing and bad thing. I’m sure portal gonna be jumping if all them dudes come back. Kids be wanting to play and play right away. Maybe we get lucky and finally get to use RS the way they are to be used. A man can dream
there will be a lot of grad transfers with 2 years left in the portal moving forward.

Advertisement
Loaded QB draft this year. King mag see that & come back who knows.

Lead Miami to a W over Bama and he will be the frontrunner for the Heisman. Miami makes its return to the title game in 2021 (remember Burrow did it yr 2) and King ends up a top 5 draft pick. Smart move to return.

I agree that barring a Joe Burrow or Heisman caliber 6th season, coming back won't influence King's draft status all that much. But in the end that won't be the deciding factor for whether or not he returns. Luckily for us he's a lot smarter than most of the dummies in this fanbase. He realizes that there's an astronomical difference between QB salaries and other skill positions in the NFL, and his reasoning for coming back would rest on increasing his preparedness to play QB in the NFL. He could make up the lost 1 yr salary in less than half a yr of playing QB in the NFL. How anyone can argue that him earning additional experience playing QB in college wouldn't be beneficial to his prospects of playing QB in the NFL is beyond me. Smh

This is the right and only move. Great opportunity for dudes to work on their Masters degrees as an added benefit.

Advertisement
Can't get too excited about this since our guys bounce for UDFA or worse.

Our only senior are:

King - - most likely want to go NFL, don't think a 6th year will help his draft status
Harley - - most likely want to go NFL, don't think a 6th year will help his draft status
Jarrid - - most likely want to go NFL, don't think a 6th year will help his draft status
Ford- not sure how he plays this year...
Roche - most likely want to go NFL, don't think a 6th year will help his draft status
McCloud - most likely want to go NFL, don't think a 6th year will help his draft status
Carter - won't get drafted high but may not want to come back if not starting
Jose - maybe he can delay his brother's enrollment for a year, most likely won't get drafted

I don't think the rule will help us much but it does give the younger guys an extra year. They will now need to increase the number of scholarships next for at least 1 year or the class of 2021 will need to be shrunk unless you the team is well below the 85 limit.
Problem is, every school gets this bonus year, and our players go pro the second a slimeball agent tells them what they want to hear. So, we will be facing more 6th year seniors than we will ever possibly have.

This would even put the competition across the nation. Think about if your a team like Wake Forrest were able to keep there seniors, they’d have 22/22 starters coming back. They’d be tough to beat.

Advertisement
This would even put the competition across the nation. Think about if your a team like Wake Forrest were able to keep there seniors, they’d have 22/22 starters coming back. They’d be tough to beat.
They have a potential first rounder in Basham who is gone regardless so highly unlikely.

Advertisement

1598031673923.png

Advertisement
Back