Elevation a factor vs App st?

bmorecane

Sophomore
Reading that effects can be felt starting st 1500m above sea level. Boone sits at about 1000m.

But also read that in running, NCAA make allowances for race results at altitude. "When attempting to qualify for a 10K championship race, for example, in Boone, NC (3,300’), collegiate men receive a 30 second adjustment; in Boulder, CO (5,200’), the allowance is 64 seconds; 10,000 meters on Northern Arizona University’s track in Flagstaff, AZ, (6,900’) is given a 99 second improvement; and while in Gunnison, CO (7,700’), runners lop off two full minutes from their posted time."

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is America. We don't use meters. Do you know who uses meters? Canadians and Terrorists? Are you a Canadian?

If this was a serious factor, places like Wyoming, Colorado and Colorado state would have a fortress-like home field advantage.

I think what OP is saying is that we will get approximately a 30 second adjustment on the walk from the locker room to the field, possibly split between the multiple walks.

Thanks for the analysis OP.

Advertisement
The only way they would have had an advantage is if this game was played in November and we were snowed in. It gets miserable there

Advertisement
A weasly sort asked Kevin Patrick a question similar to the facquity one bmorecane asked here before UM traveled to Boulder to play Colorado in the 90s. KP answered, "Thin air, no air, lots of air. Doesn't matter."

It's not even worth thinking about unless they're playing against a team in La Paz, Bolivia or some other city with real elevation....

Reading that effects can be felt starting st 1500m above sea level. Boone sits at about 1000m.

But also read that in running, NCAA make allowances for race results at altitude. "When attempting to qualify for a 10K championship race, for example, in Boone, NC (3,300’), collegiate men receive a 30 second adjustment; in Boulder, CO (5,200’), the allowance is 64 seconds; 10,000 meters on Northern Arizona University’s track in Flagstaff, AZ, (6,900’) is given a 99 second improvement; and while in Gunnison, CO (7,700’), runners lop off two full minutes from their posted time."

**** , ya'll are ruthless
There was already a thread like this a few days ago from a poster ****ing in his pants about altitude, and what exactly did you expect our response to be? Lol...

"What?!?!? They play 3,000ft above sea level??? Awwww ****!!! Now, we're in trouble!!!.."

Come me on bruh, you know better... Lol

I know this was a genuine question so it should be answered appropriately: it's not that big of a deal.

I also want to make note that today, on this very site, we've now read about:

1. altitude issues
2. Boone being one of the three loudest stadiums we'll face

My opinion:

We need those remediation machines pumped through our program to get Al Golden's stench out of here. I hope we go into Boone with rumors of Kaaya's ailing shoulder, altitude and "wild noise" and, through a slaughter, create a brand new smell to overwhelm any future excuse: blood.

Come on, man. We have about 25x the amount of future NFL players. Most of them have already played a year of college football or more. No more excuses, please.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Given the NCAA consideration for runners, made sense to ask the question..

oh and Franchise, I got someone for ya!

image.gif

Actually, a noon game means temperatures in the 80's or more, I was thinking that would be an advantage to us.

Advertisement
Back