Elephant in the Room: Delayed Blitzes

L A M P

Reformed Mope
Premium
Can we get a message to El JeFe to make it stop, please? Preferably in passing. The pizza delivery method worked as well. Want to keep it positive.. although Ozar's guy said he could use the work. Conundrum. Kidding. Sorry Inday.
PLANE.jpg

Advertisement
delayed blitzing plus soft zone behind it that's a killer.
Exactly. Just don't understand the thought process with it. Either play man & bring it or play coverage & try to create pressure with front 4.

If us as arm chair fans can see how bad the results are....

I can only assume Baker is brain dead and thus cannot see that every time he calls that we get burned

Advertisement
Advertisement
My guess is the idea is to flood the rush lanes. Cunningham didn’t scramble worth a **** against us.

If you play man behind it, you’re screwed if he slips free.

I guess the hope is to catch them in something where they don’t have any hot routes.

I don’t know. I’m just spitballing.

Advertisement
I can see them from a mile away on the TV screen, pretty sure a D1 QB is going to pick it up. If we insist on blitzing the safeties bring them up in the box instead of having them run from 20 yards deep.

Advertisement
Manny usually blitzed from near the line of scrimmage. Baker's blitzes come from 10 yards off the ball
Nah. We just had better safeties/cb's with higher IQ. (Ex: JJ4)

I've grumbled about this since he got here. (small potatoes considering his results)

Advertisement
Back