Edit: Cristobal or Kiffin HC / OC - Ed Reed DC, best possible outcome

My dude, I’ve coached high school and junior college basketball, been a high school football coach (DL and DC) for over 20 years. I’ve coached in multiple schemes also coached DE at a JUCO program for a few years. Oh yeah… I’ve coached middle school also AND two seasons of flag football when I was in college. Any more questions.
Nice!

Advertisement
I’ll support a Mario Cristobal hire as well but this is my perfect dream scenario right here. We need Ed Reed as the DC… he understands the game at another level no other DC we would be in the market for can come close. And the combination of Lane and Ed Reed in terms of recruiting would tip the scales in our favor for a lot of elite recruits going forward starting with this class. It would counter any recruiting advantage FSU would gain if they hire Deion Sanders as their HC which is going to happen sooner than later.

Thoughts?

Update: after hearing @Dwinstitles reasons for wanting Mario Cristobal I am now adjusting my dream scenario to include an either or between Cristobal or Kiffin… w/ Ed Reed as DC.
These are nothing but dreams, it ain't happening.

Advertisement
Not only is basketball harder to coach, but it's also harder to play than football.

In football you have breaks between plays, in basketball you don't get a break until somebody fouls or a timeout is called.

And waaaaaaaay more players have made the transition from basketball to football than vice versa.

I mean look how easy it was for Erik Swoope to have a cup of coffee in the league, the only experience He had before the NFL was in Pop Warner LOL.

Again...he's not going to be the DC....but as a DB coach...he'd KILL it...he forgot more about Secondary play than T-Rob will ever know...
Still have to be able to teach it and develop. And Ed Reed saw the game different and made plays most couldn’t dream of..at the end of the day Coaching is about teaching and bring that energy..Trob is elite at tyst ..but I agree Ed could sell the U

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back