Edgar Cerenord/ Valentine question

shannon told him he didnt have a commitable offer.
That was Todd Chandler not Luis Nix... Same recruiting cycle except Nix de-committed on his own... I don't know what went on behind the scenes... However, I know we didn't turn Nix down... And I think he's like 6'3... Chandler on the underhand was listed at like 6'1 but many people said he was closer to 5'10... You're getting your players mixed up... RS messed up in many ways but lets not exaggerate his failures... We don't have to make his tenure worse than it already is...

Advertisement
it was him or chandler. i could be wrong. there was one person he told he wasnt saving his committ.

shannon felt nix was too short

Where did this come from? This isn't true... The kid de-committed on his own... Had nothing to due with height... Due bring up RS in order to validate our short comings? We shouldn't compare a HC at his 1st gig to an experience HC...

Dudes love inventing fables to try to take the heat off Corch Cloud. Nix de-committed. Had nothing to do with Shannon pulling his offer.

Advertisement
Who. The. ****. Is Al Golden to deny any halfway talented DT that wants to play here?

Advertisement
Incorrect NY Cane, Nix just decommitted. He always had an offer from UM. Here is Manny's column on it

Here is a column from Manny 12/2/2009.

University of Miami coach Randy Shannon has always said he doesn't buy into early commitments if players continue to take visits to other schools. He's compared it to be engaged to one woman while dating another. If that's the case, Jacksonville Raines defensive tackle Louis Nix (6-3, 318) just dumped UM for Notre Dame.

Nix, considered an ESPN Top 150 recruit and the seventh best defensive tackle in the country, had been flirting with the Irish since he first gave UM a "commitment" a year ago. He attended one of Notre Dame's summer camps in June and officially visited for its game against Michigan State in September. Then, he followed up with an unofficial visit for the USC game in mid-October.

Raines coach Deran Wiley said Wednesday morning he thinks Nix "won't be going back to the Canes" and is "really done with recruiting." Raines teammate Tavadis Glenn, a 6-5, 297-pound lineman, is still committed to UM. Wiley has said he thinks Glenn, who could end up playing on either side at UM, will stick to his word.

"Louis was a shock to me," Wiley said. "But I guess that's part of the recruiting world. To be honest with you, it's going to be boom or bust. I guess it's something totally different than what he's been around. As his coach, I have to support him."

> The Hurricanes are still chasing Hialeah High defensive end Corey Lemonier (6-4, 221) and Hargrave Military Academy's Ego Ferguson (6-3, 272). Ferguson told Canesport earlier this week Miami was in the running for his final visit.

Lemonier's coach Mark Berman said Wednesday morning the Hurricanes were in the top four for Lemonier along with Tennessee, Auburn and Florida State. Lemonier will take his final visit this weekend to LSU. "To be honest, UM has always been part of the mix," Berman said. "They are one of his top five and they're definitely in the mix. I don't think Nix decommitting will entice him more. Corey does his homework and that will play a role in his decision. Corey is a young man who is very smart, very loyal and committed. If he makes a decision at any point he'll be firm in that decision. He wants to be firm. I think there could be a possibility after the holidays he could make a decision."

> The Canes are down to 23 commitments in their class. Last week, they lost Glades Central safety/receiver Greg Dent to Florida State. UM recruiting coordinator Clint Hurtt said in September the Hurricanes were looking to sign between 23-25 players in its next class.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...r-top-recruit-dt-louis-nix.html#storylink=cpy

Where did this come from? This isn't true... The kid de-committed on his own... Had nothing to due with height... Due bring up RS in order to validate our short comings? We shouldn't compare a HC at his 1st gig to an experience HC...

As a Plan C option UM should also revisit the recruitment of 2014 DT Chris Nelson from Lakeland, FL.

Older thread about 2014 DT Chris Nelson
http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/52908-Chris-Nelson-From-Lakeland-FL-Possible-UM-Interest?highlight=Chris+Nelson

In the Title game he was Valentines equal in every way. Nelson is a soft commit to Louisville and has very quick first step along is extremely strong at the point of attack.

Here is a list of the Florida All State selections.
http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/index.ssf/story/bc-fbh-florida-all-state-teams/aa8756a3b0e54e55b8345b6711a72513

Go Canes

Why do you threadjack every one of Cerenord's threads? Do you really need that much attention?

You nutts I like Cerenord as a quick NT with a redshirt year plus he is a S. FLA kid who is coached by a Cane.

Cerenords 2013 Season Highlights
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/167777/highlights/116411375?autoplay=1

I was merely offering an additional plan C kid, an also if you go an watch the State Title Game I am refering to where Nelson was Valentines equal; you wouldn't be talking side ways out of your mouth. Nelson is a baller.

Go Canes!

Last edited:
Incorrect NY Cane, Nix just decommitted. He always had an offer from UM. Here is Manny's column on it

Here is a column from Manny 12/2/2009.

University of Miami coach Randy Shannon has always said he doesn't buy into early commitments if players continue to take visits to other schools. He's compared it to be engaged to one woman while dating another. If that's the case, Jacksonville Raines defensive tackle Louis Nix (6-3, 318) just dumped UM for Notre Dame.

Nix, considered an ESPN Top 150 recruit and the seventh best defensive tackle in the country, had been flirting with the Irish since he first gave UM a "commitment" a year ago. He attended one of Notre Dame's summer camps in June and officially visited for its game against Michigan State in September. Then, he followed up with an unofficial visit for the USC game in mid-October.

Raines coach Deran Wiley said Wednesday morning he thinks Nix "won't be going back to the Canes" and is "really done with recruiting." Raines teammate Tavadis Glenn, a 6-5, 297-pound lineman, is still committed to UM. Wiley has said he thinks Glenn, who could end up playing on either side at UM, will stick to his word.

"Louis was a shock to me," Wiley said. "But I guess that's part of the recruiting world. To be honest with you, it's going to be boom or bust. I guess it's something totally different than what he's been around. As his coach, I have to support him."

> The Hurricanes are still chasing Hialeah High defensive end Corey Lemonier (6-4, 221) and Hargrave Military Academy's Ego Ferguson (6-3, 272). Ferguson told Canesport earlier this week Miami was in the running for his final visit.

Lemonier's coach Mark Berman said Wednesday morning the Hurricanes were in the top four for Lemonier along with Tennessee, Auburn and Florida State. Lemonier will take his final visit this weekend to LSU. "To be honest, UM has always been part of the mix," Berman said. "They are one of his top five and they're definitely in the mix. I don't think Nix decommitting will entice him more. Corey does his homework and that will play a role in his decision. Corey is a young man who is very smart, very loyal and committed. If he makes a decision at any point he'll be firm in that decision. He wants to be firm. I think there could be a possibility after the holidays he could make a decision."

> The Canes are down to 23 commitments in their class. Last week, they lost Glades Central safety/receiver Greg Dent to Florida State. UM recruiting coordinator Clint Hurtt said in September the Hurricanes were looking to sign between 23-25 players in its next class.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...r-top-recruit-dt-louis-nix.html#storylink=cpy

i realized i was wrong and apologized for the mistake.

Here are some clips from the State Title game.

2014 DT Chris Nelson (#55 in black)
[video=youtube;9qik8bW0Ovg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qik8bW0Ovg[/video]
[video=youtube;m7TWtB0EIEE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7TWtB0EIEE[/video]

Advertisement
Forget height on a dt potential nt in out 3-4. We can afford to sacrifice height for tenacity (something we have not had since McCray) at this position.

shannon told him he didnt have a commitable offer.
That was Todd Chandler not Luis Nix... Same recruiting cycle except Nix de-committed on his own... I don't know what went on behind the scenes... However, I know we didn't turn Nix down... And I think he's like 6'3... Chandler on the underhand was listed at like 6'1 but many people said he was closer to 5'10... You're getting your players mixed up... RS messed up in many ways but lets not exaggerate his failures... We don't have to make his tenure worse than it already is...

This is correct, Chandler is the guy we slow played while everyone was whining about why we werent all over him. Kid was smaller than he was listed. Nix was worked hard by Hurtt and bailed on his own.

If we have learned anything the past then we should take in both players and stockpile dts this cycle which will allow us to go after other skill positions in 2015 class

Advertisement
If we have learned anything the past then we should take in both players and stockpile dts this cycle which will allow us to go after other skill positions in 2015 class

Well that sounds nice, but we dont have unlimited scholarships, and in case everyone forgot, we do have to still limit some scholies in the next few years, unless the NCAA accepts our appeal. Assuming Valentine get back on board, that would be 4 DTs committed in this class. We still need LBs, DBs, WRs, and RBs.

Advertisement
Back