Edgar Cerenord/ Valentine question

deerob305

Junior
I saw that Cerenord made 1st Team All-State in 5A...Valentine made 2nd or 3rd Team All-State in 2A...we all knw 5A is one of the top Classes in the State compared to 2A which Valentine plays in with not a lot of talent there...Is Cerenord that good just a hidden gem? If we strike out completely on Valentine, will we put on the full court press for Cerenord???
Your Thoughts......

Advertisement
If you see Edgar commit it likely means Wyche or Valentine are officially out. I believe his offer is not currently commitable...not sure why you "offer" then say hold up, but that's just me.

As far as how good a DT is he, good, but might be a bit undersized.

If you see Edgar commit it likely means Wyche or Valentine are officially out. I believe his offer is not currently commitable...not sure why you "offer" then say hold up, but that's just me.

Because Hertelou unexpectedly commited and took the last spot slated for DT would be my guess

Word is that Edgar wanted to commit but his offer was not commitable it was being held. However, he's expected to commit soon with a legit offer.

Advertisement
I would just take him and redshirt him and him through UTough and let him loose in 2015....we might have 3-4 spots left another DT won't hurt if we get Valentine or not..if Florida offered him, we need to stay on him...obviously they develop pretty good DLinemen...

Cerenord = Teraz McCray IMO.

Has the EXACT same feel to me.

Kid who we liked, but was just a HAIR too short to be at the top of our list, when the guy higher up bailed, we called him up, and his work ethic and natural talent made him a very solid DT for us.

I have the same feel about this kid. He's not a cant miss stud, and may not make everyone go nuts, but I feel like we will probably take him if/when one of the current DTs doesnt qualify, and I feel like the kid is going to work his @ss off and probably become a solid contributor here.

Advertisement
As a Plan C option UM should also revisit the recruitment of 2014 DT Chris Nelson from Lakeland, FL.

Older thread about 2014 DT Chris Nelson
http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/52908-Chris-Nelson-From-Lakeland-FL-Possible-UM-Interest?highlight=Chris+Nelson

In the Title game he was Valentines equal in every way. Nelson is a soft commit to Louisville and has very quick first step along is extremely strong at the point of attack.

Here is a list of the Florida All State selections.
http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/index.ssf/story/bc-fbh-florida-all-state-teams/aa8756a3b0e54e55b8345b6711a72513

Go Canes

Last edited:

Not really he's listed at 6-1 290. Just need to add a few more pounds.

Advertisement
we stockpiled whoever would could get. I think Earl Moore was the only guy people expected to be any good and he had flaws.

As a Plan C option UM should also revisit the recruitment of 2014 DT Chris Nelson from Lakeland, FL.

Older thread about 2014 DT Chris Nelson
http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/52908-Chris-Nelson-From-Lakeland-FL-Possible-UM-Interest?highlight=Chris+Nelson

In the Title game he was Valentines equal in every way. Nelson is a soft commit to Louisville and has very quick first step along is extremely strong at the point of attack.

Here is a list of the Florida All State selections.
http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/index.ssf/story/bc-fbh-florida-all-state-teams/aa8756a3b0e54e55b8345b6711a72513

Go Canes

Why do you threadjack every one of Cerenord's threads? Do you really need that much attention?

shannon felt nix was too short

Where did this come from? This isn't true... The kid de-committed on his own... Had nothing to due with height... Due bring up RS in order to validate our short comings? We shouldn't compare a HC at his 1st gig to an experience HC...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back