Eddie Nunez track record

Thats what ADs are judged upon at major universities.

If we are serious this time we shouldn't even entertain nunez.

Why did we fire blake? Because fundraising or losing games?
Because he tied himself to Manny, sink or swim. And they sunk.

Like I just said, he's not the worst option mentioned. There's no need for pitchforks if he's the choice, but I'm not adding Eddie Alvarez-Nunez to my AD trading card set either.

Advertisement
Its clear some here dont care about finding the best person. Thats being beta

Its clear alot here will take up for a guy with a terrible record. Thats being beta.

The people demanding more and not accepting losers. Thats being alpha

You can decide where you fall.

Its clear some here dont care about finding the best person. Thats being beta

Its clear alot here will take up for a guy with a terrible record. Thats being beta.

The people demanding more and not accepting losers. Thats being alpha

You can decide where you fall.
All of this is bull****. You have no clue what beta and alpha even means.

Because he tied himself to Manny, sink or swim. And they sunk.

Like I just said, he's not the worst option mentioned. There's no need for pitchforks if he's the choice, but I'm not adding Eddie Alvarez-Nunez to my AD trading card set either.
How is he not the worst option?

Advertisement
Guys, anyone who isn't Tom Jurich will be a massive disappointment as a hire. Yes, I get that Jurich hasn't been working in 4 years but he's the only hire that would have been acceptable, even though I had no idea who he was 3 weeks ago but this is my opinion and no one can tell me otherwise.

Advertisement
I mean Gino Torretta and Alonzo Highsmith are both being thrown around and neither of them has ever worked in a collegiate athletic department...so by default they are worse candidates.
Not saying that's wrong but how is a NFL front office guy a worse option than ad at new mexico.

Im not saying hire zo either

Advertisement
6f968f35b18f54f29149b8176b12c7a0_w200.gif

Advertisement
I am amazed that people still think that one should judge an AD by wins and losses. Holy crap.
Exactly! I would rather we go with a graybeard like Jurich, cause he’s made the hard decisions before. But Ws and Ls, have very little to do with who the AD is. That don’t tell me ****. ADs are not putting together game plans or structuring practice schedules. What I care about is, will the muhfucca have the sack to fire a sombitch if they not producing (with ample time, of course) …. or the courage to hire someone who may not have the shiniest resume. A dude that can find, recruit, and hire talented coaches, and one who knows the rules, follows the rules, but don’t mind slightly bending them just a bit, every now and then. 🤣😂🤣. And a guy who will defend his program against all enemies.... NCAA included. Not like that POS BJ, that tried to throw MD under the bus to save his own ***. I'm like "Nah bruh, you rode with an unqualified phucc wad of a football coach, so get yo *** back in that car. Don't get out now. Don't tell us now, what we can all see. You did this! You hired this clown."

Last edited:
Are you this stupid? Do you know how awful New Mexico football is and how hard it is to win a **** there?

Funny.... remember similar reactions from Houston when we warned them about D'No.
Different job, I know. But I don't understand the "how difficult it is to win there argument". At least, have a semi successful program winning 75% of your games.

Biggest issue is that ADs like this have gotten used to losing coaches and not sure if they will swing heads here if someone is underperforming. ... especially someone like Miaz or Laranaga

It's New Mexico. No one, and I repeat no one, gives a **** about football there. No coach is going to succeed there. And even if Nunez wanted to fire the coach, he probably wouldn't have support from New Mexico's BOT because no one cares. I wouldn't put New Mexico's ****** football program on Nunez.

If, in an interview, Nunez clearly comes across as understanding that it is his job, as AD AT MIAMI, to not be complacent and to root out mediocrity, then that'd say much more about Nunez than the New Mexico football results.

They do care about basketball at New Mexico and have a nice history in the sports. Lets take a look at Nunez vs the 2 previous ADs

Davalos .648 winning %
Krebs .670 winning %
Nunez .484 winning %

Insert excuses here.

Exactly! I would rather we go with a graybeard like Jurich, cause he’s made the hard decisions before. But Ws and Ls, have very little to do with who the AD is. That don’t tell me ****. ADs are not putting together game plans or structuring practice schedules. What I care about is, will the muhfucca have the sack to fire a sombitch if they not producing (with ample time, of course) …. or the courage to hire someone who may not have the shiniest resume. A dude that can find, recruit, and hire and talented coaches, and one who knows the rules, follows the rules, but don’t mind slightly bending them just a bit, every now and then. 🤣😂🤣.
We all like a good bending.

futurama GIF

Advertisement
Back