Eddie Johnson

I liked his footage coming out of high school - just looked a little slow. But didn't look slow out there yesterday. Looks like he can be a starter this year - Cornelius and Paul will be battling hard for that spot also. All three I'd take over Buchanon. They all showed aggressiveness that Buchanon just never has shown. Can't be a SLB and not attack the lead blocker whether its a FB, TE in motion or a pulling lineman. If you wait for him to get to you then the defense has already lost. Buchanon waits 9 out of 10 times. I doubt that's something a guy learns his 5th year in and coming off an injury. Cornelius made that back up FB pay for trying to block him a couple of times. Paul and Johnson both attack as well. Young attack dogs...I'll ride with them.

oh and Johnson might be my 4 yr old daughters favorite player now. she just wanted him to wave back to her and he went and stretched over the tables and chairs to give her 5. made her day. little things like that make the youngsters life long fans.

Buchanan does not take on blockers? Are you kidding me. One thing about Buchanan was that he was physical and bring it to a fullback or lineman despite being undersized

Advertisement
Cornelius is bigger than 195. Not huge, but definitely more around 210. That was an out of date graphic they flashed on the feed, still had him listed at DB and all.

IVE ALWAYS LIKED TY CORNELIUS......

kid has been one of our best special teamers...he can get sideline to sideline can cover pretty well.

Quite frankly i thnk all he needs is about 10 pds....

Think he is about the same size as Spence at the same age but hes about an inch taller and has a bigger frame.

Believe Cornelius can get above the 225 range by sr year.

kid has been one of our best special teamers...he can get sideline to sideline can cover pretty well.

Think he is about the same size as Spence at the same age but hes about an inch taller and has a bigger frame.

He plays bigger than his weight would indicate which is a huge plus. For the first time in years I noticed our LB's sticking people out there and not getting dragged for an extra 5 yds. It was refreshing to see.

Advertisement
Just like everyone complains that there's no excuse for us to be low on quality DBs, there's no excuse for us to ever be low on fast, productive LBs

He plays bigger than his weight would indicate which is a huge plus. For the first time in years I noticed our LB's sticking people out there and not getting dragged for an extra 5 yds. It was refreshing to see.

kid brought the funk hitting wise...wwas much better tackling out there from our lbs.

Also Cornelius is from and Atlanta metro powerhouse (Stephenson) and he has already shown us yields in getting Raphael Kirby to commit down here. Think he was one of our main guys in on Kirby.

I see Cornelius as a Darrell Mclover type this yr..that gets in alot in certain situations (spread teams)....with a good chance of being a starting backer next year full time....he looked to be our 4th-5th guy in backer rotation which isnt bad.

kid brought the funk hitting wise...wwas much better tackling out there from our lbs.

Also Cornelius is from and Atlanta metro powerhouse (Stephenson) and he has already shown us yields in getting Raphael Kirby to commit down here. Think he was one of our main guys in on Kirby.

I see Cornelius as a Darrell Mclover type this yr..that gets in alot in certain situations (spread teams)....with a good chance of being a starting backer next year full time....he looked to be our 4th-5th guy in backer rotation which isnt bad.

we could use a D. McClover type. I would also like to see more T. cornelius on ST's. Didn't see enough of him out there last year.

I liked his footage coming out of high school - just looked a little slow. But didn't look slow out there yesterday. Looks like he can be a starter this year - Cornelius and Paul will be battling hard for that spot also. All three I'd take over Buchanon. They all showed aggressiveness that Buchanon just never has shown. Can't be a SLB and not attack the lead blocker whether its a FB, TE in motion or a pulling lineman. If you wait for him to get to you then the defense has already lost. Buchanon waits 9 out of 10 times. I doubt that's something a guy learns his 5th year in and coming off an injury. Cornelius made that back up FB pay for trying to block him a couple of times. Paul and Johnson both attack as well. Young attack dogs...I'll ride with them.

oh and Johnson might be my 4 yr old daughters favorite player now. she just wanted him to wave back to her and he went and stretched over the tables and chairs to give her 5. made her day. little things like that make the youngsters life long fans.

Buchanan does not take on blockers? Are you kidding me. One thing about Buchanan was that he was physical and bring it to a fullback or lineman despite being undersized

I haven't seen that from him.

Advertisement
I would also like to see more T. cornelius on ST's. Didn't see enough of him out there last year.

I seem to recall him knocking Carolina's returner out of the game a couple years ago in the game we got off the shneid against them. Expected him to be the special teams demon last year, instead that turned out to be Perryman.

I would also like to see more T. cornelius on ST's. Didn't see enough of him out there last year.

I seem to recall him knocking Carolina's returner out of the game a couple years ago in the game we got off the shneid against them. Expected him to be the special teams demon last year, instead that turned out to be Perryman.

T.cornelius was hurt most of the year, Golden praised him lots as soon as he returned. Golden likes the young man! Not surprised he was first team.

Coach D mentioned that Cornelius could factor on third down. He is strong as a blitzer and in coverage. I like his striking ability. Hits bigger than his size.

Last edited:
Advertisement

we could use a D. McClover type. I would also like to see more T. cornelius on ST's. Didn't see enough of him out there last year.

**** yes! great player, hard worker, not the most gifted athlete but worked his *** off. Even got a few years in the league.

T.cornelius was hurt most of the year, Golden praised him lots as soon as he returned. Golden likes the young man! Not surprised he was first team.

I was under the impression he was suspended the first 3 games of last year along with Cain, Payne and Henderson.

I was under the impression he was suspended the first 3 games of last year along with Cain, Payne and Henderson.

I don't believe he's had off-field issues like the other players mentioned. Seems like a kid that has been moved around too much, from LB to S now back to LB. Hopefully he can settle in and be a great ST player and situational blitzer on 3rd down.

Advertisement

lol, I went to school with D. McClover, I played the opposite side of him, he played DE in high school, he was big and fast... can run down just about any ball carrrier, he ran track... he was on monster on the track team.

I don't believe he's had off-field issues like the other players mentioned. Seems like a kid that has been moved around too much, from LB to S now back to LB. Hopefully he can settle in and be a great ST player and situational blitzer on 3rd down.

Yeah he seems like he would be the last kid on this team that would ever get suspended for anything. Our **** poor depth in the past has made him a bit of a nomad but hopefully thats over with now.

Special teams should be a strong point on this team this year. Big ,strong and fast LB's make dynamite players on special teams and it seems like we have a ton of young talent to put out to search and destroy mission's.

lol, I went to school with D. McClover, I played the opposite side of him, he played DE in high school, he was big and fast... can run down just about any ball carrrier, he ran track... he was on monster on the track team.

remember this...i was a freshman when we scrimmaged against Coconut creek...remember him wearing a single digit number....and fast as ****..(i was a tackle) this was at Mcarthur

Advertisement
Back