Eddie Johnson

Advertisement
I think LB will be solid this year. We got alot of young guys but we have some depth now. Defense should be better this year. Cant wait till golden gets all his guys in here

Advertisement
Has the talent but is still a little ways off. He was another one of the defensive guys that looked physical.

LB play all around was good yesterday

Even Armbrister looked very good for being undersized and just moved from S recently. I can see why they moved him to LB. He just needs to put on weight now

Advertisement
We have a ton of bodies and talent to work with at LB. It's the position I'm least worried about on this team.

Also kirby looks like a grown man out there and he shouldnt even be out of high school yet. LB is going to be loaded over the next couple years

Advertisement
I liked his footage coming out of high school - just looked a little slow. But didn't look slow out there yesterday. Looks like he can be a starter this year - Cornelius and Paul will be battling hard for that spot also. All three I'd take over Buchanon. They all showed aggressiveness that Buchanon just never has shown. Can't be a SLB and not attack the lead blocker whether its a FB, TE in motion or a pulling lineman. If you wait for him to get to you then the defense has already lost. Buchanon waits 9 out of 10 times. I doubt that's something a guy learns his 5th year in and coming off an injury. Cornelius made that back up FB pay for trying to block him a couple of times. Paul and Johnson both attack as well. Young attack dogs...I'll ride with them.

oh and Johnson might be my 4 yr old daughters favorite player now. she just wanted him to wave back to her and he went and stretched over the tables and chairs to give her 5. made her day. little things like that make the youngsters life long fans.

I liked his footage coming out of high school - just looked a little slow. But didn't look slow out there yesterday. Looks like he can be a starter this year - Cornelius and Paul will be battling hard for that spot also. All three I'd take over Buchanon. They all showed aggressiveness that Buchanon just never has shown. Can't be a SLB and not attack the lead blocker whether its a FB, TE in motion or a pulling lineman. If you wait for him to get to you then the defense has already lost. Buchanon waits 9 out of 10 times. I doubt that's something a guy learns his 5th year in and coming off an injury. Cornelius made that back up FB pay for trying to block him a couple of times. Paul and Johnson both attack as well. Young attack dogs...I'll ride with them.

oh and Johnson might be my 4 yr old daughters favorite player now. she just wanted him to wave back to her and he went and stretched over the tables and chairs to give her 5. made her day. little things like that make the youngsters life long fans.[/
QUOTE]

Advertisement
I saw him make some hard hits on the replay on CSS

Kid looks like an NFL backer. How big is he? One thing I noticed about all the backers is that they are all jumping on the ball carrier at the end of EVERY PLAY. Looks like they've coached them up to just fly to the ball. You can make the claim that all the linebackers were in on every play.

Tyrone Cornelius is small but that boy can lay some wood. I dont like having a 195 pound LBer though. Kid dont look much bigger than me yet we expect him to tackle Gio Bernard and VT's big backs all season? I dont know.

Advertisement
Back