Ed Reed with Banda Today

Advertisement
I feel better about our defensive performance knowing that. Seriously, nobody better in the film room than Ed Reed. I'm thinking he will be with the Diaz, Banda and Rumph watching ND films and giving his 2 cents. That's really awesome that he was able to come to practice everyday this week and help out.

Lots of energy on Greentree today fellas. We ready.

Is Ed not on the staff anymore in Buffalo?

Don't matter.

He was a Cane first. The real thing.

Reed will be able to point out some defensive opportunities for us if he gets to watching film. He was so good at analysis - on the field - it almost looked like he had ESP with sufficient strength to anticipate the play before the opponent even called it.

Advertisement
Lots of energy on Greentree today fellas. We ready.

Is Ed not on the staff anymore in Buffalo?

Don't matter.

He was a Cane first. The real thing.

Reed will be able to point out some defensive opportunities for us if he gets to watching film. He was so good at analysis - on the field - it almost looked like he had ESP with sufficient strength to anticipate the play before the opponent even called it.

I love it, I want him around the program in any capacity whenever possible for him to be there. Just checked, he is no longer on the Bills staff. Not sure if he is the right guy for the 10th on field coach for next season but I certainly wouldn't be against it!

This is awesome! They need to hire Mr.Reed ASAP, like today, before someone else does por favor!!! We'll kill it on the recruiting trail and on the field too

And there were people telling me to come to reality when I said last year Ed should be the tenth coach.

Advertisement
I can't imagine asking Mr. Ed ******* Reed to recruit some 17yo kid, but he would be an insane addition to the staff. Maybe shift Banda to linebackers?

Reed honestly would probably make a good S/T coordinator too. He had a knack for blocking punts and also returned punts occasionally.

Advertisement
[TWEET]927938063367589888[/TWEET]

giphy.gif

I can't imagine asking Mr. Ed ****ing Reed to recruit some 17yo kid, but he would be an insane addition to the staff. Maybe shift Banda to linebackers?

Why do people keep suggesting this? If we are going to bring in Ed and let him and Banda split LB/Safeties...why not just keep Banda at Safeties and let Ed coach LB's? Ed has much more defensive knowledge and played behind the best MLB in the league, while being coached by a LB in college. He might not have played the position but Banda hasn't either, and he'd probably do a much better job initially coaching the position with Manny's help.

Advertisement
I would be willing to bet that Reed is every bit as good, if not better, at breaking down gamefilm than anyone on this staff. No disrespect to anyone on the staff, but he took what he would see on film and translated that to performance at the highest level as well as anyone at his position ever.

Obviously his see, plan, and react on the field was better than any safety ever. Does that translate to coaching in the sense of getting his thoughts across? I don't know. I have a brilliant brother in programming / computer **** who makes bucco cash, but is horrible at teaching someone those things. Reed, if he can teach, hire that man immediately.

I would be willing to bet that Reed is every bit as good, if not better, at breaking down gamefilm than anyone on this staff. No disrespect to anyone on the staff, but he took what he would see on film and translated that to performance at the highest level as well as anyone at his position ever.

Obviously his see, plan, and react on the field was better than any safety ever. Does that translate to coaching in the sense of getting his thoughts across? I don't know. I have a brilliant brother in programming / computer **** who makes bucco cash, but is horrible at teaching someone those things. Reed, if he can teach, hire that man immediately.

Don't think you'd have two better sets of eyes than Reed and Rumph breaking down film for these guys.

Advertisement
Back