Official Ed Reed WAS new Head Coach at Bethune-Cookman (Now Not đź« )

All I’m saying is they killed prime for being prime and that’s cool.. but he actually did the job. Ed hasn’t even had a practice and look at what he’s doing. It’s the same message Deion had
I can’t argue with that. I have been critical of Deion, but Reed’s behavior was embarrassing. If this was a Gator or Nole alum he would be getting killed on this board.

Advertisement
How so? Serious question.

NOW muppets, calm down, I'm not attacking Reed as a player or human being. Goodness, take your meds.

Has he made a tangible impact since returning to Greentree in whatever make believe position he ws in?

I dunno, but happy to find out if insiders have some info on it.
I got no inside info, players and other coach’s respect him he is a HOFer bleeds orange and green, hasn’t been getting paid some crazy amount of money (if at all TBH).

I got no inside info, players and other coach’s respect him he is a HOFer bleeds orange and green, hasn’t been getting paid some crazy amount of money (if at all TBH).
I don't disagree with any of your statement.

With that said, what value foes he bring recruiting, developing, and retaining the talent our Canes need?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he depart NFL corching on a sour note??

I don't disagree with any of your statement.

With that said, what value foes he bring recruiting, developing, and retaining the talent our Canes need?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he depart NFL corching on a sour note??
I could only make assumptions. So I cannot answer those questions. Would the appeal of an NFL great helping at a position a kid is in possibly help landing a kid? I think so

Advertisement
Advertisement
All I’m saying is they killed prime for being prime and that’s cool.. but he actually did the job. Ed hasn’t even had a practice and look at what he’s doing. It’s the same message Deion had
If Ed or Deion can get these people to listen, to make change for the positive, then who can? Whom needs to be enabled for this to continue?

Who can drive the change because if there have been obvious issues for a long time, whom should be the agents of change?

And I can show you the same kind of problems at PWIs, but somehow the media overlooks them:

Students Find Unwelcome Dorm Room Guests, Including Insects, Mushrooms | News | The Harvard Crimson

And Harvard has a bazillion dollar endowment, so they have no excuse for their deplorable living conditions.

A sarcastic man would say it wasn’t much different than driving around in a golf cart *****ing on social media about your job.

I’ll take an elite corner any day.
having Ed around the program can only help landing kids not hurt. I guess that’s the point

Last edited:
Advertisement
having Ed around the program can only help landing kids not hurt. I guess that’s the point I guess

I have no problem with Ed around the program in the least bit and am actually more disappointed with Alonzo’s lack of awareness on social media in liking a tweet that was agreeing with someone commenting against Ed. Both could use lessons on the use of social media by grown adults…

You know, maybe Reed does some good things there.

Still, his behavior is exactly how you don't want kids to act, at least not in public, and never as an employee anywhere.

He needs to back away from social media and reevaluate. My favorite player of all-time, but he acted like a clown in this short HC'ing stint of his. He doesn't have anywhere near the rep to try some stuff like that.

Right, the irony of a former Cane complaining about facilities & ammenities. I mean, Reed Himself said that if it wasn't for those McDonalds 29 cent cheeseburgers He wouldn't have made it through College.

Advertisement
If Ed or Deion can get these people to listen, to make change for the positive, then who can? Whom needs to be enabled for this to continue?

Who can drive the change because if there have been obvious issues for a long time, whom should be the agents of change?
Generally speaking my people don’t put things into motion until multiple voices are heard. Prime and Deion are two cases but they also consider themselves good friends so it could just be blown off. I say we gotta just keep working and keep getting reputable guys taking these jobs from a football standpoint. Not just blacks either! I would love to see other guys of other races take on the challenge. As far as HBCU’s as a whole that’s another subject

Advertisement
Back