Ed Reed tweet

If he knew the job was just to be a figure head, he shouldn't have taken the job. I get the whole get your bag thing but Ed's not starving. He knew his job was to convince the fans that somebody who understood championship culture was nearby. Well it worked. We're convinced and we stink. Now what? He gets his money and people are thinking why do we even need him anyway? He made absolutely no difference. It's his name that he's selling pretty cheap.
He can only suggest things to Manny. If manny don’t take them and use them , that ain’t his fault

Advertisement
Ed is a clown and is quickly losing his invisibility clout among the fans. I know I’m personally embarrassed for him and the whole “hes getting paid excuse” does not come off as good as those saying it think it does. It’s actually a terrible excuse, it’s more less saying one of our best players ever is a *****.
@RVACane

split depth GIF

If he knew the job was just to be a figure head, he shouldn't have taken the job. I get the whole get your bag thing but Ed's not starving. He knew his job was to convince the fans that somebody who understood championship culture was nearby. Well it worked. We're convinced and we stink. Now what? He gets his money and people are thinking why do we even need him anyway? He made absolutely no difference. It's his name that he's selling pretty cheap.
I disagree he made no difference. He knows the multitude of problems and will be a great source of information to the new AD/Director of Football Operatiins. He didn’t take this for money and like most of us loves the U. did he know Manny and current coaches are trash or that current players are entitled without fearing benching? He’s not a position coach so he’s role is limited. it is clear that Manny has morphed into someone who has alienated players, coaches, and lied about important team issues (development, competition, playing freshman’s, playing the best) and has pushed away anyone who criticizes him. I’m sure that includes Ed and successful current coaches (rumor is TRib). The ship is sinking with a HC who has become a politician, lost the team, lost the coaches, sucks as a HC/DC yet you expect Ed to have saved this team and made everything right.

you loose this argument because you don’t understand how many deep unsolvable problems this team has had and yet you blame Ed for not doing more?

Advertisement
How did our DB play look this yr??

Like usual, trash. But, I don't believe TRob is the issue. Truthfully, he appears to be the main reason we have/had (depending on when you're reading this) quality DBs committed.

I really hope this 'TROB is trash' narrative stops soon because we're going to lose someone who will be a thorn in our *** for the very long time. He recruited well and develops first round talent. He's done this at multiple schools but, now at UM, he's trash.

We've all had the pleasure of watching terrible coaches at UM, over the years. TROB isn't one of those guys. He just coaches in a terrible situation, under a terrible HC. Not many people can get positive results in that kind of circumstance in any industry.

I think what we're learning is, TROB isn't a magician. Mannys Defense could have Rex Ryan, Michael Singletary, and whoever the **** else you want but they won't overcome a poor system lead by a poor coach.

I disagree he made no difference. He knows the multitude of problems and will be a great source of information to the new AD/Director of Football Operatiins. He didn’t take this for money and like most of us loves the U. did he know Manny and current coaches are trash or that current players are entitled without fearing benching? He’s not a position coach so he’s role is limited. it is clear that Manny has morphed into someone who has alienated players, coaches, and lied about important team issues (development, competition, playing freshman’s, playing the best) and has pushed away anyone who criticizes him. I’m sure that includes Ed and successful current coaches (rumor is TRib). The ship is sinking with a HC who has become a politician, lost the team, lost the coaches, sucks as a HC/DC yet you expect Ed to have saved this team and made everything right.

you loose this argument because you don’t understand how many deep unsolvable problems this team has had and yet you blame Ed for not doing more?
I'm blaming him for not doing anything. There's a lot of speculation that he's telling Manny stuff and Manny is ignoring him but that doesn't pass the smell test.

Ed Reed is one of the greatest football minds to ever play the game, I think he would do wonderful here. Give him. Fresh start with the young safeties and watch him mold them in to ballets. Bolden and Hall are already Jags no hope for them cats.

Advertisement
He’s been more involved in practices this week than normal
Don’t even know how to interpret this. Does this mean possibly playing more of the style he wants vs Manny style? Regardless of what it is, what took so long for him to be more involved? Manny’s head on the block? Lol

Advertisement
Back