ED REED COS: Brilliantly executed chess moves....

Watching people buy this trash is hilarious. I love Ed Reed, I love what he brought to the program as a player and the passion he has for our alma mater. That said, this COS position is a glorified errand boy job, and is designed to get the fanbase off of Manny and Blake. Period. If Blake was serious about creating significant change, he would have gone out and hired a legitimate administrator and given him carte blanche to change the program, with the only standard being "Avoid NCAA issues and win games". He didn't, he hired another "Miami Guy, Bro" , and the fanbase is eating it up like the dopes they are.

Maybe, maybe not. You really don't know the result yet. There was no hire that would've really changed things outside new HC.

Maybe u the dope?

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s been hired to bring credibility to the staff and educate Manny on what a championship program looks like, from top to bottom. He’s more than qualified to do that.
Just on the recruiting alone, it is a win. Ed Reed is well respected and our players will look up to him. We need someone like him
To drill players to police themselves. I am optimistic about his effect on our team and recruiting.

Hey OP, come back and start a new thread when we win 3 games in a raw next season and maybe I will read what you wrote. So yes, I posted here without reading your post.

How appropriate that Groundhog’s Day is right around the corner. I just feel like I am reliving the same Offseason Victory Run every single year.

“Miami “fans kill me and be mad about everything or try to doubt stuff when they see other Miami fans happy

facts. Are we not supposed to have a good off-season? I’m confused by the hate. Manny not sitting around playing the waiting game. He making moves. For that, manny deserves support for another year at the least.

Advertisement
Maybe, maybe not. You really don't know the result yet. There was no hire that would've really changed things outside new HC.

Maybe u the dope?

What change can Ed Reed bring? Go read what was said in the press release and tell me that is the job description of someone that actually has a say in how anything goes. He doesn't, he's merely lending his name and reputation to the program. Then again, Blake knew that this fanbase would eat up an legendary player joining the program, no matter how poorly defined his new job is.

He’s been hired to bring credibility to the staff and educate Manny on what a championship program looks like, from top to bottom. He’s more than qualified to do that.

i’m not sure he is at all

every player who has won a championship is qualified to know what a championship looks like from a front office side?

hope you’re right

i’m not sure he is at all

every player who has won a championship is qualified to know what a championship looks like from a front office side?

hope you’re right
how do you not think he's qualified? He's won more than a national championship

That dude is a hall of famer, super bowl champ, defense MVP, and one if not the best safety to play the game. He knows more about winning than anyone on our staff. He might not be able to make decisions but he can sure tell you what the problems are and watch you fix it or fail.

Advertisement
The Negatives: There are none. Zero. Zilch. 0

The Positives: Potentially too many to list, but long term how does it play out? This doesn't promise us anything, but Ed is a baller on every level and anytime he speaks people will listen from adults to recruits.

For what it's worth Diaz isn't afraid to make any changes.this off season he's making better decisions on the business side unlike the circus act last off season.something prior hcs were reluctant to d o.

Advertisement
What change can Ed Reed bring? Go read what was said in the press release and tell me that is the job description of someone that actually has a say in how anything goes. He doesn't, he's merely lending his name and reputation to the program. Then again, Blake knew that this fanbase would eat up an legendary player joining the program, no matter how poorly defined his new job is.

Is it poorly defined or are you just incapable or unwilling to understand it.

3ABD5B89-0E45-43BC-BFE7-8F8D87FCE874.jpeg

This thread is a microcosm how fuctin stupid Canes fans can be . I mean this is an amazing move with zero down side and tons of upside and we have people *****ing . Literally Diaz and UM have won the off season bigger then any UM coach has done in 20 years. Now there are no reasons why we can't win the Coastal . And that should be the extent of what we wish for as lets actually win 10 games or more and the coastal a few seasons in a row and then we start acting like we are title contenders .

Advertisement
Back