Ed Reed and new defensive staff.

Advertisement
My sincere apologies to the OP but with all due respect, I have sat down with my best friend Manure Diaz himself. And he told me (while toking a cuban) that he has complete confidence that his ***** Baker is more than capable of leading a champion defense. He reluctantly confided that the defensive firings here recently are simply a result of their inferiority complex because of ER20 being in the building.
I have no concrete proof that manure is a friend of mine, but I hope my cane brothers will take me at my word. Keep the faith

Advertisement
This calls for a drink and smoke!

126063179_1632018296991751_333372615618718340_n.jpg

Non-Cubans
Padron 80th
Anything from Plasencia
Warped guardian of the farm
Trilogy Cigar company Anatomy
Jas Sum Kral red night
My Father Le Bijou 1922
Oliva Serie V Melanio

Cubans
Partagas D4
Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No. 2
Trinidad Coloniales
Bolivar Petit Corona
Don’t smoke but I’m in Santiago, DR often. I know Aurora is there. Anything from the DR worth bringing back as gifts for cigar smoking friends?

As some here may know Ed, is a good friend of mine. When he is home in Atlanta we often hang out smoke cigars and talk Canes. Back in November we were having a conversation about the team (most I will keep to myself), here is the one thing I will share from Ed’s exact words

“Manny’s boys are the problem, I have 3 championship defensive playbooks in my office and not one member of the defensive staff has every asked me a question about defense, but the offensive coaches are in my office everyday”

He was deeply concerned about how bad the defensive coaching was and told me how he would regularly meet with the AD about fixing the coaching on that side of the ball. Today’s hire is a step in the right direction. Hopefully T-Rob takes full advantage of being on the same staff as the best safety of all time.
I'm not gonna lie. I want to hang out with you. At your place. When Ed's in town.

"Joaquin said dominate" !!!

I love it. As much ad I thought ER20's hiring was a publicity stunt by Manny and Blake James (especially with him going back and forth to ATL) but ER20 ain't playin.

As long as ER20 is keeping people in check, just like the old days, we'll be alright!

Advertisement
It's easy when your boy is the HC and he thinks he is the smartest person in the room.
I was just thinking how often did Manny meet with ER and encourage his defensive staff to do the same?

Advertisement
Thought I’d share this. I hung out with a couple players through some mutual friends a few weeks ago. One thing they told me about Ed Reed and the D staff relationship. Ed would talk to the secondary players after a team meeting and the coaches (Banda in particular) would absolutely hate it since Ed would say something completely different. We all know who the players would rather listen to.

This isn't good no matter who the coach is. Reed can't undercut the current coaches unless it's minor technique tips. I'm hoping this is getting blown out of proportion or I'm making large assumptions but man that is toxic

Say what you want about Manny, but at least he is not as stubborn as Richt, Golden or Shannon. He is willing to make changes to make us better.
Say whatever you want about Manny, but dont mention coach richt and coach diaz in the same sentence, that's the problem with many in here, you try and log things together that don't fit. Coach diaz has to continue to make several changes because he's the one who hired or chose to keep mediocre guys, whereas coach richt and already well established OC and headcoach, in the meantime while alot of morons were bashing coach richt who was in the process of rebuilding UM, and acting as if he took this program over from butch davis, all he was doing with the coaching staff he hired is:

* Brought back the 4-3 and was smart enuff to understand coach diaz would be a good fit here as a d-co even with that wile E. coyote defensive scheme!
* Win the only bowl game at UM in the around the last13years!
* Produced the last 10win season in over the last 17years!
* First actual on the field coastal division champs!
* First actual on the field earned ACC championship game appearance!
* Produced the #1 pass defense in the nation!
* Recruited and Produced True freshman all-everything in Ahmon richards and brevin jordan, (jt4 with better qb play would've been on that list or close)!
* Produced the first 1st round draft pick(njoku)at UM in around 8 years!
* Had Miami backed in/on PrimeTime t.v.!
* Snapped Fsu's 7 game winning streak which has ignited our 4 game streak on them!
* First time ever, (not that I care) having college game day at UM!
* Beat notre shame and V-Tech the same year!
* Spearhead the I.P.F.!
* College football Coach of the Year!

All in just 3 short years here and ****'s were complaining, lol, besides the 1st one and being apart of the pass defense, what has manny accomplished on this list. We got ****'s actually celebrating coach diaz replacing his hiring ***** up's, and trying to down coach richt.

I'll stop here for now, but you shouldn't make that mistake again!

Advertisement
Sad state of affairs. Even the best coaches query other coaches or sources for new perspectives. How many coaches, even Meyer, Bellichk, and Saban have broken bread or cracked open beers with Jimmy Johnson? Saban completely changed his offense and defense to adapt to the changing landscape of college football.

If I were Manny I’d try and have regular meetings with Johnson, or at least offseason chats. Not only schemes, because the game has changed, but talking about being a leader, a head coach.

Advertisement
Back