Ed Reed and new defensive staff.

Appreciate the insight from the greatest safety ever. This aligns with what others have said that Ed and Banda didn’t get along. I wonder if Ed’s cryptic tweet a few weeks back about coaches was in reference to Banda.

It seems like it definitely was. All I know is if Ed Reed has something to say about our program, I'm listening every time.

Advertisement
As some here may know Ed, is a good friend of mine. When he is home in Atlanta we often hang out smoke cigars and talk Canes. Back in November we were having a conversation about the team (most I will keep to myself), here is the one thing I will share from Ed’s exact words

“Manny’s boys are the problem, I have 3 championship defensive playbooks in my office and not one member of the defensive staff has every asked me a question about defense, but the offensive coaches are in my office everyday”

He was deeply concerned about how bad the defensive coaching was and told me how he would regularly meet with the AD about fixing the coaching on that side of the ball. Today’s hire is a step in the right direction. Hopefully T-Rob takes full advantage of being on the same staff as the best safety of all time.
I’m very curious to how many conversations he’s had with many about the defense and the coaching staff and if many actually listens to him or takes that into account.
But how can you have a goat safety player and not pick his brain ?? Smh sounds like if many can’t see this then he is the issue

Advertisement
The problem is HIS defense and he hasn't changed it. I call that stubborn.

That's 99 percent of the coaches out there. Very few change what they do as that's what they believe in. That's why it's imperative to hire the right DC and let them do their thing independently. It won't happen, the defense is Diaz's brainchild.

As some here may know Ed, is a good friend of mine. When he is home in Atlanta we often hang out smoke cigars and talk Canes. Back in November we were having a conversation about the team (most I will keep to myself), here is the one thing I will share from Ed’s exact words

“Manny’s boys are the problem, I have 3 championship defensive playbooks in my office and not one member of the defensive staff has every asked me a question about defense, but the offensive coaches are in my office everyday”

He was deeply concerned about how bad the defensive coaching was and told me how he would regularly meet with the AD about fixing the coaching on that side of the ball. Today’s hire is a step in the right direction. Hopefully T-Rob takes full advantage of being on the same staff as the best safety of all time.

I feel like that quote aren't his exact words, I expected a few eff bombs in there. haha

Advertisement
Disappointing...However not surprised with that band of scrubs

glad CMD woke his *** up, or perhaps someone else made him.....

Say what you want about Manny, but at least he is not as stubborn as Richt, Golden or Shannon. He is willing to make changes to make us better.

This x1000 @The Franchise said it best Manny might not be the guy to get it done but this lispy ******* won't fail because he won't make changes. Winning the off season doesn't amount to much but I would much rather have a coach willing to admit failure than the stubborn fux we had before.

Advertisement
The blame goes on Manny. When you hire glorified GA’s to be on field coaches, it’s not their fault they have no idea what they’re doing. Couple that with the feeling of pride and accomplishment Manny gave them when he kept all of them on. Since that day it was always gonna be Manny and his boys against everybody else. They were sheltered and stood up for, until they got exposed too many times to defend anymore.

I think it was more shame as to why they never tried to learn anything from ER20. HOF safety walking around seeing you stinking it up everyday in meetings, practice, and on game day. I bet they would go out there way to avoid him

Advertisement
Say what you want about Manny, but at least he is not as stubborn as Richt, Golden or Shannon. He is willing to make changes to make us better.
Yup. I'll go further and say he's been remarkably open-minded. Saw that Enos was **** year 1 and made a change quickly. Saw that the defense was **** this year and is making changes. I think the hardest thing for Manny is to realize he can't be in charge of the defense. The days are long gone where the Head Coach is calling the plays on either Offense or Defense. You've got to hire competent coordinators and not get their way too much.

It’s hard to believe that our defensive staff was that incompetent.

how do you not seek advice from a legend?
Not only that but to not speak about ideology on defense from a guy who been part of some of the most legendary defenses in college and nfl history

Advertisement
Back