Ed Reed and new defensive staff.

Advertisement
As some here may know Ed, is a good friend of mine. When he is home in Atlanta we often hang out smoke cigars and talk Canes. Back in November we were having a conversation about the team (most I will keep to myself), here is the one thing I will share from Ed’s exact words

“Manny’s boys are the problem, I have 3 championship defensive playbooks in my office and not one member of the defensive staff has every asked me a question about defense, but the offensive coaches are in my office everyday”

He was deeply concerned about how bad the defensive coaching was and told me how he would regularly meet with the AD about fixing the coaching on that side of the ball. Today’s hire is a step in the right direction. Hopefully T-Rob takes full advantage of being on the same staff as the best safety of all time.
they knew as soon as they stepped in that office they’d be exposed. Instead of sucking up their lame *** pride and learning a craft they went into a shell. Not surprising but wow fam.

Last edited:
As some here may know Ed, is a good friend of mine. When he is home in Atlanta we often hang out smoke cigars and talk Canes. Back in November we were having a conversation about the team (most I will keep to myself), here is the one thing I will share from Ed’s exact words

“Manny’s boys are the problem, I have 3 championship defensive playbooks in my office and not one member of the defensive staff has every asked me a question about defense, but the offensive coaches are in my office everyday”

He was deeply concerned about how bad the defensive coaching was and told me how he would regularly meet with the AD about fixing the coaching on that side of the ball. Today’s hire is a step in the right direction. Hopefully T-Rob takes full advantage of being on the same staff as the best safety of all time.
The ER20 hire just paid off. Friction with Banda was probably why he left.

I remember a canes video with Lashlee, King, and Ed and Lashlee looked like he was meeting his rockstar idol in it.

Advertisement

Can you shed any light on Ed’s ideal future path? Is he pushing for position coach? Or do you think he’s happy in his role?

When your stunt PR hire backfires and actually does their job.

Kinda like the plot of this movie, also coincidentally, called Eddie.

220px-Eddie_poster.jpg

Appreciate the insight from the greatest safety ever. This aligns with what others have said that Ed and Banda didn’t get along. I wonder if Ed’s cryptic tweet a few weeks back about coaches was in reference to Banda.

Advertisement
Thats why I still believe his hiring was not a PR move.

All season long if you watched him and noticed he was watching the defense closely and jotting down notes on the sideline. He used this season IMO to observe and then make his recommendations.

Side note: @Hstokes1447 any cigars you recommend

All season long if you watched him and noticed he was watching the defense closely and jotting down notes on the sideline. He used this season IMO to observe and then make his recommendations.
Agreed. Hasn’t Manny said he talks to Reed regularly. We saw him working officials and working the sideline.

******* fans expect coaches fired mid game?

Advertisement

Side note: @Hstokes1447 any cigars you recommend
Ed had more of a role in these firings than most think.

Advertisement

Wow!!! I can't believe none of the defensive coaches get with Ed. A case of egos and ignorance. I blame Diaz. It's up to the head coach to utilize the coaches and staff he's hired. Diaz needs to hold regular meetings with Ed and the rest of the defensive coaches to share knowledge and ideas.

Does Diaz want Ed to just be symbol and a prop for Miami or does he want him to make a difference? Ed has so much knowledge and experience. Coaches need to drop their egos. I work in technology. Not participating in information sharing is known as information silos. The staff needs to be agile where everyone's ideas and knowledge are valued regardless of position or title. Perhaps things will be different under a new defensive staff.

Last edited:

Not shocked. I think Manny has taken Ed’s advice. The D staff wasn’t nearly good enough. He’s fixing it.

Advertisement
Back