Eason qb coach thinks he follows richt

Advertisement
Some of you are mental. The SEC supposed to be the best defensive conference. Their QBs still suck and Memphis QB is still a stud. If the guy is a stud he is a stud.The west coast consistently has better QBs. Better position coaching. If Richt wants him im all for it.

I would be shocked if he comes. A kid like that? Georgia will be putting out all the stops to get him to stay. We already have a gunner in the fold and Eason is Georgia's once in a decade type of talent. No way they let him get away. Wishful thinking.

Advertisement
I would be shocked if he comes. A kid like that? Georgia will be putting out all the stops to get him to stay. We already have a gunner in the fold and Eason is Georgia's once in a decade type of talent. No way they let him get away. Wishful thinking.

Agree and he very well might start there next year with the way UGA's QB's struggled this season. I mean Greyson Lambert got passed at UVA and transferred there and started.

Agree. This argument is one we can save for another thread. I dont think Eason comes here. Might visit just as a favor to Richt. I think Kirby convinces him to stay put. UF would be an interesting destination for him too. Treon clearly sucks so McElwain will need a QB in waiting in case Grier decides to roid up again..

Im a fan of Allison. So unless Eason is 110% on board I stick with the bird I have in my hand because I highly doubt we get both. Thats wishful thinking.

Advertisement
Hopefully Eason comes a official visit next weekend. Would be huge for Richt to get his qb this year.

I think it's either us or Florida. Quarterbacks mostly commit to offensive minded head coaches or stellar offensive coordinators. In this case, Eason committed to Richt. Kirby Smart is a defensive minded coach and has not hired an OC yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully Eason comes a official visit next weekend. Would be huge for Richt to get his qb this year.

I think it's either us or Florida. Quarterbacks mostly commit to offensive minded head coaches or stellar offensive coordinators. In this case, Eason committed to Richt. Kirby Smart is a defensive minded coach and has not hired an OC yet.
You would rather have him over Allison?

Christ, I think it's obvious now that Paranos is DannyBoy. You can't hide that level of potato.

Eason is an absolute animal. I don't care if he played on the moon.

Advertisement
When is the last time we had a real legit battle for the qb spot in spring? Wont happen this spring but if we get both qbs there will finally be competition at qb.... And don't say marve/harris. We all know how jacory was grandfathered in

Agree. This argument is one we can save for another thread. I dont think Eason comes here. Might visit just as a favor to Richt. I think Kirby convinces him to stay put. UF would be an interesting destination for him too. Treon clearly sucks so McElwain will need a QB in waiting in case Grier decides to roid up again..

Im a fan of Allison. So unless Eason is 110% on board I stick with the bird I have in my hand because I highly doubt we get both. Thats wishful thinking.

It's very different with QBs. There are two VERY important factors in our favor here.

1) Richt is an offensive coach and is personally involved with QBs and the offense.

2) Eason is an early enrollee and has been committed to UGA for some time, so I imagine he's already familiar with Richt's playbook and principles

It makes a ton of sense for him to follow Richt. In any other circumstance I'd agree with you.

Advertisement

It's very different with QBs. There are two VERY important factors in our favor here.

1) Richt is an offensive coach and is personally involved with QBs and the offense.

2) Eason is an early enrollee and has been committed to UGA for some time, so I imagine he's already familiar with Richt's playbook and principles

It makes a ton of sense for him to follow Richt. In any other circumstance I'd agree with you.

Hey I hope you are right. Hope we snag him. Im not one of those guys who thinks Allison is better just because he is from SoFla either. You get a shot at the #1 QB in the land, you throw loyalty out the window. Richt has pulled this trick before when he had Mettenberger and Murray in the same class so he's not new to this. We will see.

You would rather have him over Allison?

Don't like Coley as coach but as QB picker, got to go with him. That said, we need to start having more than one good QB. Get them both. Mark's last year at Miami, we had Kelly, with Kosar and Vinny as freshmen. Kaaya has NFL QB eyes on THE U again. Mark should be able to get some good ones. No reason he can't keep both. Almost all those plug and play QBs had flamed in NFL. So have the "half the field" ones. And running QBs are about done -- unless a Cam clone shows up. So, drop back pocket passers should give Miami hard looks now that we have Mark. It is the biggest advantage he brings.

Advertisement
Back