Early thoughts on Gattis?

Where do you stand?

• I'm satisfied with his scheme and play-calling and approve of his job performance.

• Sample size is too small, I'll reserve judgement until we play some quality opponents.

• I wish we had hired someone else.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I like the offense… only adjustment I want to see is faster pace of offense mainly at the start of the game and throughout the first half. Then as the game goes on help the defense by slowing the pace.
Mario is not a pace guy, no spread, no hurry up, just ground and pound, might not even get WR, just throw Olineman in WR jerseys and runnnnnnn

Advertisement
we put up 450 yards today, it's not like it was a bad performance. TVD needed to be much sharper than he was. it's too early to really judge- the consistency we see in the run game just needs to be augmented by explosives in the pass game. if that happens, we're golden.

Advertisement
Hard to say until after next week.no one knows how vanilla He’s kept the offense or is this the offense….guess we will know better in a week.

There were wide open WRs all day. TVD just has to start seeing them and take the checkdown more...that too is wide open every other play. Then suddenly the O will look so much better. Still run heavy but better.

After rewatching it, I would agree. Lots of guys were open and TVD was holding on to the ball forever. He has to make quicker reads. I'm not sure what is going on with him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Let’s revisit this after A&M and a few conference games but I do like the run game so far and the flea flicker has seemed to work in our favor. Even last year it worked a few times.

I guess I’m just not used to long drives. It’s been all or nothing for years on offense. Van Dyke was off today and the pass protection sucked so it’s not all on Gattis.

One big positive is that the WR’s are catching balls. The only drop I could recall was Rooster.

After our ineptitude in our running game last year, I like the more muscular approach of a downhill running game. I like our variability of our attack where backs can turn into receivers and receivers into backs. The multiple te sets also stress the defense as we can run or throw equally well out of them.

Our offense last year was pretty basic and I don’t think stressed defenses as this offense can. I think this offense has potential to be efficient as well as explosive with the right personnel.

Advertisement
Too early. Everyone was excited about how efficient the play calling was last week and liked the run scheme. Now he is a bum.

Advertisement
Back