Early thoughts on Gattis?

Where do you stand?

• I'm satisfied with his scheme and play-calling and approve of his job performance.

• Sample size is too small, I'll reserve judgement until we play some quality opponents.

• I wish we had hired someone else.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Advertisement
Maybe let's play somebody before we bury the coaches?

20 pages after playing 2 scrimmages? What kind of monsters are you people?
Taika Waititi Ifc GIF by Film Independent Spirit Awards

Based on TVD comments in media availability he said they're installing some more scheme stuff so he's learning the progressions for those plays. Mario mentioned today on the MC show that Southern Miss did a good job of putting it out there that they were going to run 3-4 different offenses with different players taking snaps and that spread them pretty thin at Defense. So it's pretty safe to say that these shadow games with how much/what is put out in the press is a thing in CFB. Based on that I think we see some more variety out of the offensive scheme but I guess we have to wait and see.

Already defrosting my 13lb USDA prime brisket and getting it ready for the smoker.

Gattis is boring as ****, but our receivers are trash and Van Overthrows doesn’t have Rambo to bail him out anymore.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Assuming X is out until Clemson/Pitt, we need to find at least two other kids that will step up at WR. George appears to be one of them and K Smith maybe the other. IMO, it isn't about having one guy that can beat a guy. It is about having 3 guys that can and letting TVD find the one that will win the match-up on that specific play. Gattis/TVD threw the ball 40+ times. The clock management and red zone play calling were the bigger issues IMO. If Miami wins 20-17, everyone is talking about the great game he called because it limited Texas A&M's offensive opportunities and we know #6 & #0 were better than any kid on our offense.

Advertisement
Back