Early signing period consequence

You don't need two months to conduct a search. Good coaches are prepared for anybody on their staff leaving and have a list of candidates ready at all times.

Did Gus Malzahn take two months to hire Dillingham? How about Helton out at USCw? Don't think it took two months to hire Kliff.

Richt didn't need two months to find an experienced DC worth a ****. He chose to take the easy way out by promoting two inexperienced guys from within.

They will tell you how a private university is different and take 45 days the normal national search for a coach..

Advertisement
Every one wanted an early signing period hoping it would stop de commitments which it has not it has just pushed things up and the hires/ promotions yesterday were a direct result of the early signing period, if Richt had 2 months he would have done a search. If these guys don't take a major jump it will cost Richt his job and I honestly had hoped Richt would figure it out but now I am convinced he is walking dead.

The only thing he can do is go the consultant route/ analysts Alabama.

We are light years away from the college elite.
I have serious doubt about that statement. Nothing in Richt's hiring process so far suggests any more than lazy staffing practices with the exception of Kuligowski. If it wasn't this promotion, it would have been some other person with a connection to Richt that is underqualified or underwhelming.

Kenneth’s friend is correct in that it will be hard to justify firing him once he goes 10-2 or 9-3 and wins Coastal. See a close lose to gwturs and another loss somewhere along the way, but a better team this year mainly due to better QB play and more experienced receivers. Not up to @Calvin optimism, but do believe O-line better next year also.

Was disappointed at first seeing the defense moves but after thinking about think defense will be all right under these coaches and just might salvage this class into the 15 range which would not be a total lost class.

Trust your own evaluations of the team, think about it like this, this year we had an elite defense, but a div. II punting game. Come next year, if we have a defensive drop off, but a better and consistent punting game, that'll definitely help the defense become better and grow. Again class rankings dont mean a got damyum thing, cause they are based off of illegitimate star rankings system. If the classes were ranked based off of team neads i could respect their opinions moreso. This 2019 class is a team addressing needs class bump the rankings. If we can get a minimum the 7 d-linemen we going after, along with the linebackers and the db's, as well as o-line, that'll be the type class we need.

Ill say it again, we in good hands as a program, coach richt knows what he is doing!

so without early signing we'd lose banda and patke to temple and 95% of our defensive recruits......... instead we have early signing period and keep 2 coaches and 90% of defensive recruits..... man this early signing period sucks

Advertisement
I hate the early signing period. It doesn't allow enough time to hire a new coach and let him bring some in of his guys and for them to get to know all the recruits before the early signing date.

Now, if Miami were to start off 0-5 next season Richt would be gone or dead mane walking. No worries doe, my way too early projection is that Miami goes 4-1 to start off next season.

I like the idea of early signing period I just hate it being in December. It should be before fall football starts to allow the few kids who are 10000000% committed enjoy school and not worry about the process. These are to close together

I’ve been on your side for awhile man but this was just lazy and scared move (scared of losing to mid level assistants). I’m sure he wants to win but he doesn’t know how to win pretty obviously. I know these guys are young up and comers and is MAY save the recruiting class but this was as bad of a hire as you can make. We have no experience on our offensive/defensive staff. Think how many first time assistant coaches/coordinators are on this staff. I see what he did but it was the wrong move and will cost him his job if we flip next year.

If I was Blake hames I would have said you tie your future to this hire if you really believe in these guys then I am going to need you to lower your buyout for next year. But Blake is a bigger p ussy then Richt so that want happeneimg.

Glad to see that, after negging me for saying we were screwed and the school doesn't care, you have joined us! Now cancel all your tickets and contributions and mail some burned Cane gear to President Frenk.

Advertisement
I disagree. If we lose to Florida the program will be too toxic to keep him. The season ticket sales this off season should be eye opening to the BOT. To make that statement about a national search then to hire two guys with no experience off your staff just put an even bigger target on his back from this fan base(and Blake James). If we lose to Florida and look bad on offense again you have to believe the pressure from this fan base will force Julio to make a move by the end of the season.

Oh my.

Some of you are so naive.

Every one wanted an early signing period hoping it would stop de commitments .

Pushing up the signing day meant, kids would decommit sooner. You just shifted the time frame backwards. Kids will decommit as they get closer to the signing date because it starts becoming real and they really start to weigh the pros and cons of going to each school.

Glad to see that, after negging me for saying we were screwed and the school doesn't care, you have joined us! Now cancel all your tickets and contributions and mail some burned Cane gear to President Frenk.

I like to wait and see how things play out notice I said if we lose to Florida. But I have an autistic brother who likes to go to the games and he doesn’t understand anything about coaching,recruits, or even score. So until he gets tired of going or they change the concession stands(he likes the popcorn unlimited sodas) I’ll go to most home games.

Advertisement
That early signing period is a load of bs.....the only thing it changed was made programs recruit harder earlier. Didnt change a **** thing

Advertisement
You have to ask yourself this question, how do you know its not going b to work. You do realize we have two guys on the defensive staff that have been top level headcoaches before in coach rumph and jess simpson. Having coach rumph up in the booth has been a big key factor in our pass defense, jess simpson has already proven his worth and value here, with those 2 alone on staff we straight. But it just so happens that banda is a great fit here working with the safety talent that comes thru here, and quiet as kept, patke had the linebackers playing at a higher level, guys were in better position all year to make plays.

This is a transitional year coming up, unless coach shannon was coming in, any other move would have been to risky, so the move to keep the defensive side of the ball steady an on point is a smart move, you bring in some d-co that possibly has no ties to UM, for instance, hiring a hess simpson last year, you can get away with doing that, but if he hired a jess simpson this year, not to many d-line recruits will come this way until later. So with guys graduating and joe jackson possibly leaving, this is a smart calculated move, but dont sleep on the jess simpson to assistant headcoach move, that means he gets to help coach richt approve or disapprove game plans which essentially means he's kind of the actual overall d-co.

The thing i luv about it, we know for sur we got 3 coaches who's units all play hard for them in coach rumph, banda and jess simpson, i left patke out for a reason. Now the part that's going to have people crying is this, we already losing, jaquan, redwine, Jackson, gw3, maybe joe action Jackson. That would be 5 elite players, so the defense was and is going to be in a transition anyway, so a drop off in play might just happen, cause you dont come across gw3's to often, but with coach simpson here, we might start rolling great d-tackles in on a regular again. The rest of the guys have traditionally been alot easier to replace at UM, safety wise, we maybe become more athletic back their, but the I.Q. and cohesion that jaquan and redwine played with was elite, redwine has been one of my favorite players on the team since he got here. Now the baton should be turned over to the company of carter and hall associates. A more athletic tandem, if they're open field tackling has improved, look out.

As for me personally i see how easy this move can work, the only thing that will frustrate me is if i actually see it not working during games, other than that, i like the move. And since coach diaz was more than likely going to hire coach banda as his d-co at temple, banda didnt want to leave here, he was already a great recruiter but now he's going in recruiting as not just a safety but d-co/game planner. Coach banda luv's tge Spirit of the players down here more than anything, that man was not trying to leave and didnt. But more importantly coach richt had to believe this could work and made them prove it to him, and once it made sense, BAM.

Keep in mind, we are going to have a better over all team going into next year, specifically special teams and offensive efficiency. Im just not sure if we'll have high level receiver play, but i do think j.payton can be special as a True freshman, baywatch a.k.a. jadon, im not so sure of his speed. He might surprise me, but i didnt think pope was going to do anything his freshman year and that turned out to be correct. I thought he should've redshirted, but ego wouldnt let em. I do think njoku is going to be a problem, he'll be lawrence cagers ceiling if healthy. We have a whole lot of receivers that'll be coming at teams, but next year will be the True battle for starting spots, so continuity can be there, the competition this next year is going to elevate this team, the gloves are coming off now, crybabies beware, you either study the playbook, know your assignments or ride the pine!

I really don’t want to get caught in a back and forth with you BUT I just want you to clarify something.....did you just refer to being a HIGH SCHOOL HEAD COACH as “top level headcoaches”???????
Yes or no will suffice

I really don’t want to get caught in a back and forth with you BUT I just want you to clarify something.....did you just refer to being a HIGH SCHOOL HEAD COACH as “top level headcoaches”???????
Yes or no will suffice

Its already been clarified, have you seen coach rumph and jess simpson's units!

Advertisement
Back