Early signing period consequence

Saltycane

Sophomore
Premium
Every one wanted an early signing period hoping it would stop de commitments which it has not it has just pushed things up and the hires/ promotions yesterday were a direct result of the early signing period, if Richt had 2 months he would have done a search. If these guys don't take a major jump it will cost Richt his job and I honestly had hoped Richt would figure it out but now I am convinced he is walking dead.

The only thing he can do is go the consultant route/ analysts Alabama.

We are light years away from the college elite.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I disagree. If he has another 8 win season...I'll buy it. If he loses less than 8 games I think he's gone.

It took two and a half awful years and the biggest loss in program history to can Golden.

Richt won the Coastal last year and has 5 years and $20 million remaining on his deal.

He’s 100% bulletproof until 2021.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
You’re severely underestimating the cowardice and incompetence of Blake James and the BOT.

Okay, that is true. But if we put on those flashy vest the French are wearing and start rampaging in CG, that coward thing takes a different meaning.

Every one wanted an early signing period hoping it would stop de commitments which it has not it has just pushed things up and the hires/ promotions yesterday were a direct result of the early signing period, if Richt had 2 months he would have done a search. If these guys don't take a major jump it will cost Richt his job and I honestly had hoped Richt would figure it out but now I am convinced he is walking dead.

The only thing he can do is go the consultant route/ analysts Alabama.

We are light years away from the college elite.
Yes, we are light years away from being elite however experienced coaches like Richt should have a short list ready
for such situations. Diaz leaving was a real possibility considering his success...... Richt appears to have been caught flat footed
promising a nation wide search 1 day promoting from within 1-2 days later?????
You are 100% spot on with hiring consultants on both sides of ball. need developmental types influences badly
ACC network $$$$ can not get here fast enough

Advertisement
LoL, once again guys are trying to tell coach richt how to run the program and once again coach richt proves he's his own man and says F what anybody else thinks, im the head decision maker. If anybody on here thinks coach richt doesnt want to win, and is making this move for any other reason, switch to watching cricket!

You guys really don’t get it.

Nothing can “cost Richt his job”.

He’s here for at least two more years.

I disagree. If we lose to Florida the program will be too toxic to keep him. The season ticket sales this off season should be eye opening to the BOT. To make that statement about a national search then to hire two guys with no experience off your staff just put an even bigger target on his back from this fan base(and Blake James). If we lose to Florida and look bad on offense again you have to believe the pressure from this fan base will force Julio to make a move by the end of the season.

Advertisement
Back