Early Clemson prediction

lol butch was a better coach hampered by some real stuff. mario got the keys to the castle fumbling it away.

clemsons D is really good and better coached than ATM. combine that w our O being exposed by 2 diff DCs in conference games. its gonna be tough. hopefully we force enough turnovers to get good field position
Agree with a lot of this, but if our RB doesn't fumble the ball at the one foot line, that changes the course and complexion of the game. If we stop giving the ball away via turnovers and stupid penalties, we win this game going away.

Advertisement
Never had us beating UNC. Can't beat elite QBs with a DC who has never faced one in his life. Just the nature of it.

Only reason I'm as down as I am is the GT win snatched away like it was. 5-1 and no one is worried at all.

We can win every game left on our schedule except FSU (unless Coleman misses the game then it becomes a possibility)
If Mario can get out of the regular season at 9-3, everything is in front of him. And, if he can win the bowl game and go to 10-3, so much of this poison is behind us. Lot's of ifs... could happen, though.

Never had us beating UNC. Can't beat elite QBs with a DC who has never faced one in his life. Just the nature of it.

Only reason I'm as down as I am is the GT win snatched away like it was. 5-1 and no one is worried at all.

We can win every game left on our schedule except FSU (unless Coleman misses the game then it becomes a possibility)
i had UNC as a loss coming in. the issue w the GT loss is that beyond the idiot on the sidelines, we didnt play a good game from a coaching standpoint (gameplan to undisciplined football which has been a common thing w this team against p5 teams). we still came away with a win and somehow didnt win it. it just exposes a lot of hard truths that were covered up by the big ATM win and a soft early schedule. combine that with the O being unable to open up the run game and refusal to go all in on the pass and tempo.

Agree with a lot of this, but if our RB doesn't fumble the ball at the one foot line, that changes the course and complexion of the game. If we stop giving the ball away via turnovers and stupid penalties, we win this game going away.
sure and if the DC isnt a moron, we dont give them a free first down on fourht down that led to them tying the game right before half. a lot of our own faults as to why we lose but thats waht every loser says every week. if we had this done and not done that, we win. we do these things consistently going back to every coach we have hired since the glory days. its always something. for this team, its undisciplined football from the players (flags, turns) to the staff (poor time management, poor adjustments, boneheaded decisions (kneel, 12 men on the field after a timeout, guidrys emotional blow up).

1697548399327.png

Don't bet with your heart.

Advertisement
i had UNC as a loss coming in. the issue w the GT loss is that beyond the idiot on the sidelines, we didnt play a good game from a coaching standpoint (gameplan to undisciplined football which has been a common thing w this team against p5 teams). we still came away with a win and somehow didnt win it. it just exposes a lot of hard truths that were covered up by the big ATM win and a soft early schedule. combine that with the O being unable to open up the run game and refusal to go all in on the pass and tempo.
Our inability to run tempo when we need to is one of my biggest concerns. Early-mid way through the 4th and we had a 12 play 71 yard drive that took 4 minutes off the clock to get within 2 scores. Draining the play clock down to 10-12 seconds every time. Still in a huddle.

Our inability to run tempo when we need to is one of my biggest concerns. Early-mid way through the 4th and we had a 12 play 71 yard drive that took 4 minutes off the clock to get within 2 scores. Draining the play clock down to 10-12 seconds every time. Still in a huddle.
i thought we learned from atm. then it came bck again. clearly we didnt learn from last year in college station.

If Mario can get out of the regular season at 9-3, everything is in front of him. And, if he can win the bowl game and go to 10-3, so much of this poison is behind us. Lot's of ifs... could happen, though.
Have to win this week. FSU and Louisville is a tall task in back to back weeks.

It could easily go off the rails. Probably far more likely it goes off the rails and we end up 6-6 than it is that we rebound and go 9-3

Have to win this week. FSU and Louisville is a tall task in back to back weeks.

It could easily go off the rails. Probably far more likely it goes off the rails and we end up 6-6 than it is that we rebound and go 9-3

Really hinges on this week. Win, and 9-3 is very possible (and I would say likely). Lose, and 7-5 or even 6-6 is very possible.

Advertisement
I think most people are overestimating Clemson run game and Klubnik is no Maye we win 24 to 16. Clemson kicks a late field goal to cut it to one score and runs out of time.

37-31 Clemson not ready yet hope we pull it off. Still see a lot of good more than bad even though losses are always bad and expectations here are always high. Still optimistic but don’t ask me or @ me immediately after a loss, I don’t think properly. I know that last long for people here but I let it go as soon as I can. Pause

Advertisement
I believe in order for us to win, we need to score at least 35 probably more like 40+.

Miami has never played well against well-coached, disciplined teams with equal or better talent. This seemingly has remained true even if their defenses or offenses are doing poorly.

Unfortunately, I do not expect that to change. If this team does not come out of that tunnel a completely different team than the past two weeks I see it as

Cempson - 34
Miami - 20

people dont realize giudry hasn't coached at this level.

If we are no less than -1 turnovers, then we win. If we're -2 on tunovers, it's anyone's ballgame. -3 on turnovers and that Clemson D seals the game.

I'm sure Mario and crew are pounding ball security this week. Despite my growing cynicism, I do believe we win this game at home if we limit turnovers. Not that anyone cares, but I didn't make a prediction on us winning last week, because I thought we'd lose. When we were up by 3 at halftime, I started having hope... I think we win this week, but conditionally, of course.

UNC very well might be a playoff team (they might not lose a game until postseason) and we were leading them at their place at half time, with a generational QB and WR.

Get a hold of the ball security issue, throw to the TE at least 5 times, have Bain continue to develop into a Frosh AA and yeah, I think we beat Clemson, but only if we are even in TO ratio or only down by one.

Dawson needs to get back the Texas AM game of playcalling

No motion, little creativity. No easy plays to get our playmakers out in space

BSmith has to get 5 touches a game going forward

Advertisement

another thing tho. Guidry did shut him down in the first half for most part. Our db's are not his fault. they been making the same mistakes since before he was here.

Advertisement
Back