Early 2022 Class Projection

Advertisement
And finally @TimeB0mb @ssvir @Koke and @LeedsCane , there’s the finishing move where you catch her in the catcher..

B93532C6-1AD4-41D4-9962-FA1E856661CD.jpeg

Magnificent form here, if I might add.

E3E44EF4-D7AD-4294-89EC-FC7E1F3E54FF.jpeg

Last edited:
This dude is writing on a Canes site using that toxic “SEC type player” verbiage. WTF does that mean? Have all young dudes been completely brainwashed by the media?
That was some weak defeatist stuff from top to bottom. If Diaz can’t sign local guys after bringing in some well known ace recruiters as position coaches, then get him out of my face. I hope he and our staff aren’t conceding like this dude Tejano.
No self aware cane fan would never ever give those hillbillies cred they don’t deserve it they’ve played dirty and our administration has failed us!!!

Advertisement
If we land that class , would you expect to us to be ranked around 10ish again ?
I'd say so. Maybe a place or two higher than last year. We wouldn't have kids quite as highly ranked as Taylor and Williams, but we'd have a load in the Top 100. We had three in Top 100 last year. If we nailed this class, we'd have six-eight by the end of the cycle. You'd think Armella, Wesley B, and maybe even Jacurri would slide in there to join Marvin Jones, Fegans, Rogers, Kamari Wilson.

Advertisement
At STA too. I don’t understand it. The kid from the Orlando area isn’t near his skill level imo but maybe athleticism. Plus @Coach Macho vouched for him
Stud IMO.
We played him. The kid could make you miss in a phone booth.

I know the guy who runs The Crib Media. He's a huge fan of Hankerson's game as well. He spoke to college coaches (who I won't name) and their quote on Hankerson was "He doesn't do anything exceptionally well. You can't win championships with a RB like that."

Some of the stuff he hears from college coaches is incredible.

Stud IMO.

I know the guy who runs The Crib Media. He's a huge fan of Hankerson's game as well. He spoke to college coaches (who I won't name) and their quote on Hankerson was "He doesn't do anything exceptionally well. You can't win championships with a RB like that."

I enjoy what I have heard from him on the couple caneville shows he has been on. He seems dumbfounded by many college decisions on kids in so flo. I assume Miami being one of them at times

I enjoy what I have heard from him on the couple caneville shows he has been on. He seems dumbfounded by many college decisions on kids in so flo. I assume Miami being one of them at times
He and other local guys (like trainers for example) have plenty of stories and gripes with the way Miami has handled recruiting. Very disheartening stuff but I think it's about to change. (I hope)

Advertisement
Agreed. Plus he’s predicting we won’t get Little, BUT we’ll get a highly touted CB from the state of Alabama! Those two things are possible but not likely nor logical.

8 months ago, many here were conceding Taylor and James. We got them both and now we’ve got much better recruiters on staff.

No guarantees but my bet is we’ll be get our share of the So FL studs.
It's typical that posters on this site can't handle actual information without melting down.

The OP gave an informed view. Some folks would rather either a biased view (we're getting everyone!) or no view. You can get the no view yourself. Just don't bother read the thread.

As for Fegans, I think it's clear from the summaries that he's not a clear take for Alabama. No one is saying we're beating Saban for a local kid.

Plenty of people who know something about something have said that Saban has built a strong personal relationship with Little. Maybe T Rob can change his mind but that's what we're up against.

Stud IMO.

I loved him on tape. High-level RB instincts, size, breaks tackles, catches the ball, understands how to press a hole before bouncing it. Always falls forward.

That kid might not rip off a bunch of 80-yard runs, but he gets you more than what’s blocked, consistently. To me, that’s what I’m looking for in a RB.

Stud IMO.

Makes me wonder how many of those coaches are competitive for a championship? We have passed on a lot of kids at Miami because they didn’t have elite NFL ceilings. They could have helped us at Miami though.

Not saying you’re disagreeing just noting the point.

Advertisement
Stud IMO.

I know the principal at Edgewater. He was beyond impressed with Hankerson when STA played and beat Edgewater. He made it sound like Troutman was the only kid who could tackle him.

Going back to OL....

We've underrecruited this spot as badly as LB and CB for ages.

In Richt's three classes, he got Tre Johnson year 1; Hillery, Herbert, Dykstra, Gaynor and Donaldson year 2; and Reed, Campbell and Scaife year 3.

In Manny's 3 classes, he's gotten: ElGammel, Nelson, Clark (+Traore) year 1; Washington, Rivers (+Williams, Walker) year 2; Rodriguez, McLaughlin, Seymour (year 3).

We got pretty darn lucky with Walker - covid transfer rules helped or he might not be here. Ditto getting another year out of Williams as a grad transfer - unexpected. Manny's first year was a hot mess - we're lucky to have found Nelson as an overlooked kid.

If we want to compete with big time programs, we need big time OL. No way around it. We need to up the recruiting, evals and development massively at OL.

Last edited:
I loved him on tape. High-level RB instincts, size, breaks tackles, catches the ball, understands how to press a hole before bouncing it. Always falls forward.

That kid might not rip off a bunch of 80-yard runs, but he gets you more than what’s blocked, consistently. To me, that’s what I’m looking for in a RB.

Could the disconnect be that he has zero interest in us?

He and other local guys (like trainers for example) have plenty of stories and gripes with the way Miami has handled recruiting. Very disheartening stuff but I think it's about to change. (I hope)
Tell em your history of calling em, when these kids go elsewhere and shine, Coach Macheau!

Mareau
Dorlus
Shazier

Y’all better recognize.

Advertisement
Back