Early 2018 Draft Projections

Advertisement
I would be surprised if RJ Mcintosh isn't a Top 2 round selection.

You wanna know how this list is B*llsh*t? The fact that a QB who had to transfer to be a starter is given a first round grade while Kendrick Norton who has unreal athleticism and a high motor as a 1 tech doesn't make the list at all. I've said it before and I'll say it again Dee Delaney(if he lives up to the hype) and Kendrick Norton(if he has an equal or better season as last year's) will be Top 2 round picks. If Richard absolutely explodes this year, he'll also be a Top 2 round pick.

You wanna know how this list is B*llsh*t? The fact that a QB who had to transfer to be a starter is given a first round grade while Kendrick Norton who has unreal athleticism and a high motor as a 1 tech doesn't make the list at all. I've said it before and I'll say it again Dee Delaney(if he lives up to the hype) and Kendrick Norton(if he has an equal or better season as last year's) will be Top 2 round picks. If Richard absolutely explodes this year, he'll also be a Top 2 round pick.

The article clearly says it does not account for underclassmen

The article clearly says it does not account for underclassmen

Still a B*llSh*t list just for including Max Browne....

Advertisement
I love Kendrick and think he'll be incredible for us and eventually a really solid pro. The historical data around top pick underclassmen DTs swings more toward underclassmen guys like RJ Mcintosh taken higher.

Underclassmen DTs:

In 2017, Malik Mcdowell was taken in R2 (35th overall).
In 2016, Kenny Clark (closer to Norton's style) and Robert Nkemdiche were taken in R1. Both at the end of the round.
In 2015, Malcolm Brown was taken in R1 (32nd overall).
In 2014, Dominique Easley was taken in R1 (29th overall).
In 2013, Sheldon Richardson (not sure if he had played 4 college seasons) was taken in R1 (13th overall).

Over the last 5 years, 1 guy on list was in Norton's style, though there were a few more (guys like Eddie Goldman) taken later in R2, which coincides with your prediction Norton could be taken in R2. It may suit Norton (and us) to return for his 4th year of college. If it can elevate him to a Top 20 pick, it makes sense for all involved. That said, wouldn't surprise me to see them both leave and taken in the top 2 rounds. If he somehow returns, we likely have an elite team in 2018.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Talking to some NFL people,

Norton has 1st round buzz
Herndon has people very intrigued

Joe Flacco says Hello

NOPE. Not falling for this first round talk again. Last guy we thought was going 1st round ended up in the 6th round and a good portion of the fan base are indifferent about him now and most of the indifferent guys hate em apparently (based on how they speak about em). Not gonna be able to do it! ~ Jalen Rose Voice.

Advertisement

Joe Flacco says Hello

You mean the same Flacco that played 2 years at Delaware? I didn't know playing two years and being a champion at a lower level was the same as having one year at Pittsburgh as a grad transfer because you couldn't beat out a freshman.

Talking to some NFL people,

Norton has 1st round buzz
Herndon has people very intrigued

Just watched the 16 FSU game and focused on Chris. He looked awful dropping balls, tough time finishing blocks, and couldn't get any separation. I'm not sure where all the hype is coming from. Please enlighten me with a good game against good competition.

Advertisement
NOPE. Not falling for this first round talk again. Last guy we thought was going 1st round ended up in the 6th round and a good portion of the fan base are indifferent about him now and most of the indifferent guys hate em apparently (based on how they speak about em). Not gonna be able to do it! ~ Jalen Rose Voice.

Lmao maybe half of this board ONLY ON EARTH ever thought Kaaya was a 1st rounder, or even close to one, but not the half of the side I was on....please dont lump me in with that dumb shxt

Last edited:
Dee Delaney, Chad Thomas, Kendrick Norton, and RJ McIntosh all have 1st round talent and should be drafted in the 1st round.

I love Chad but he lacks the bend to be a 1st round DE IMO. Prototypical size, great body, decent enough speed but he's literally NEVER bent the edge since he's been here. NFL coaches want that bend.

McIntosh will be our highest DL pick IMO, well until Jackson comes out. He's going early in the 1st.
I think McIntosh could be a 1st rounder and Norton an early 2nd rounder.

Last edited:

Lmao maybe half of this board ONLY ON EARTH ever thought Kaaya was a 1st rounder, or even close to one, but not the half of the side I was on....please dont lump me in with that dumb shxt

Don't worry, we all put you in your own category.

Advertisement
Back